Posted to uk.d-i-y,comp.mobile.android

Default Micro SD Card failure modes - WAS: 'Seeing' Android phone fromWindows PC

On 01/06/2015 22:35, tlvp wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 14:14:43 +0100, Roger Mills wrote of:

... all sorts of
hair-brained suggestions ...

Your speech-to-text engine is showing its inadequacies, I fear.

Cheers, -- tlvp (hare today, ghaan tomorrow :-) )

Ah, so it's that sort of hare. Makes sense. I don't think I had ever
seen it written down, and just assumed it was hair was some reason -
probably on the basis of having the stuff inside the head as well as
outside!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y,comp.mobile.android

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 22:52:26 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Ah, so it's that sort of hare. Makes sense. I don't think I had ever
seen it written down, and just assumed it was hair was some reason - ...

No harm done. "Learn something new every day" :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to uk.d-i-y,comp.mobile.android

On 02/06/2015 00:24, tlvp wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 22:52:26 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Ah, so it's that sort of hare. Makes sense. I don't think I had ever
seen it written down, and just assumed it was hair was some reason - ...

No harm done. "Learn something new every day" :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp

Up until very recently I had always thought, 'having a mare' was
something to do with horses which makes absolutely no sense. I've now
found out it's actually, 'having a (night)mare' which is much more sensible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

On 28/05/2015 10:16, News wrote:

Having adopted my son's Samsung phone, I'm having a play. This is my
first android type phone (I thought my last mobile was sophisticated
because it took photos as well as made phone calls), which is now
connected to the home network. Phone is running Android 4.4.4 The
phone is S3, I think.

Having installed ES File Explorer on the phone, I can see shared files
on my Netbook, using the phone. What I can't see is the phone from the
Netbook. Should I be able to? I perhaps naively assumed the phone
would appear on the Netbook (W98), but there must be a setting I am
missing within the phone. Whatever it is, I can't find. Any clues?

On W7 it will detect the phone and install the Samsung driver ... I
tried it with S2 yesterday and worked fine, and I know it works with my
S4 & S5

You may need to install driver.
go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

Though it maybe that Samsung does not support an OS as old as W98 ....
was 17 years ago :-)

Could also see if you can install Samsung KIES ... that may help 'if' it
support 98