Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Autoscanning barcode app for windows phone ?

Being in possession of a Kindle, I have decided to catalogue, and retire
my paperback collection. Being of a lazy nature, and also slightly geeky,
I like the idea of scanning in all the barcodes, to build up a list.

An hour of trawling t'net, Zune, and googling, has convinced me there is
no suitable app, which will let my phone work like a supermarket
checkout, and scan, log, and scan again, with no user intervention.

There are quite a few barcode reading apps (I have installed RedLaser,
Pic2Shop, QuickMark, ScanLife to mention a few) but they all "do
something" after the scan, rather than be ready to scan again.

Does anyone know any better. Suggestions of an iPhone will be ignored. I
might consider an android app, but that would mean borrowing SWMBO phone.
I only have one phone (supplied by work) and it's Windows.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 20, 5:41*pm, Jethro wrote:
Being in possession of a Kindle, I have decided to catalogue, and retire
my paperback collection. Being of a lazy nature, and also slightly geeky,
I like the idea of scanning in all the barcodes, to build up a list.

An hour of trawling t'net, Zune, and googling, has convinced me there is
no suitable app, which will let my phone work like a supermarket
checkout, and scan, log, and scan again, with no user intervention.

There are quite a few barcode reading apps (I have installed RedLaser,
Pic2Shop, QuickMark, ScanLife to mention a few) but they all "do
something" after the scan, rather than be ready to scan again.

Does anyone know any better. Suggestions of an iPhone will be ignored. I
might consider an android app, but that would mean borrowing SWMBO phone.
I only have one phone (supplied by work) and it's Windows.

Not sure if it will do what you want but do look at the Collectorz.com
products. I have their Book Collector prog. I think that they
mention barcode readers for telephones.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/01/2012 17:41, Jethro wrote:
Being in possession of a Kindle, I have decided to catalogue, and retire
my paperback collection. Being of a lazy nature, and also slightly geeky,
I like the idea of scanning in all the barcodes, to build up a list.

An hour of trawling t'net, Zune, and googling, has convinced me there is
no suitable app, which will let my phone work like a supermarket
checkout, and scan, log, and scan again, with no user intervention.

There are quite a few barcode reading apps (I have installed RedLaser,
Pic2Shop, QuickMark, ScanLife to mention a few) but they all "do
something" after the scan, rather than be ready to scan again.

Does anyone know any better. Suggestions of an iPhone will be ignored. I
might consider an android app, but that would mean borrowing SWMBO phone.
I only have one phone (supplied by work) and it's Windows.

I have "RL Classic" installed, and there is a "Multiple" slider on the
scanning screen which seems to do what you ask, including the ability to
email yourself the list when you are done.

it will just generate a list of the bar code numbers that's it.

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:13:45 +0000, Toby wrote:

[...]

Aha !!!!!! "RL Classic" is called "Red Laser" under Windows Phone. And
YES !!!!!! It has the "multiple" feature too. Just a little obscure for
those of us in a hurry !!!!

Many thanks !