Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro[_5_] Jethro[_5_] is offline

Default Autoscanning barcode app for windows phone ?

Being in possession of a Kindle, I have decided to catalogue, and retire
my paperback collection. Being of a lazy nature, and also slightly geeky,
I like the idea of scanning in all the barcodes, to build up a list.

An hour of trawling t'net, Zune, and googling, has convinced me there is
no suitable app, which will let my phone work like a supermarket
checkout, and scan, log, and scan again, with no user intervention.

There are quite a few barcode reading apps (I have installed RedLaser,
Pic2Shop, QuickMark, ScanLife to mention a few) but they all "do
something" after the scan, rather than be ready to scan again.

Does anyone know any better. Suggestions of an iPhone will be ignored. I
might consider an android app, but that would mean borrowing SWMBO phone.
I only have one phone (supplied by work) and it's Windows.