Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wonder what the quality is like?

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

Not sure about the whole pedestal/table saw arrangement (looks a bit
wobbly), but used within limitations, and on the loose assumption the
whole thing holds lasts and has reasonably priced parts, brilliant idea,
especially for DIY.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman scribbled

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

It's very shiny.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The pillar drill seems to deflect from vertical when the lever is being used?

The rest didn't strike me as much advantage over individual tools in a useful big box - that would still need a workbench under it anyway??

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 10:57:07 AM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

I loved the reversed video (where the handles fly into the guys hands). Really inspires confidence!

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

No angle grinder :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&se...d-keywords=CEL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bm" wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&se...d-keywords=CEL

Thanks. £218 is actually less than I was expecting.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 09 May 2015 13:17:12 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

No angle grinder :-(

He forgot to put the drill bit he was using back, when he was packing
it up.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 13:03, JimK wrote:
The pillar drill seems to deflect from vertical when the lever is being used?

The rest didn't strike me as much advantage over individual tools in a useful big box - that would still need a workbench under it anyway??

Jim K

The depth of cut with the circular saw seems to be limited to that of a
floorboard (less than 20mm?).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert

are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 09 May 2015 10:57:10 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

They were being sold by QVC or similar a year or so back, there was
some discussion here about them then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 15:18, Graham. wrote:
On Sat, 09 May 2015 13:17:12 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

No angle grinder :-(

He forgot to put the drill bit he was using back, when he was packing
it up.

He didn't empty all the saw dust that collects in the box either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 15:43, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert

are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

The very same!

We have a celeb :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 09/05/2015 15:43, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information
about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert

are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

The very same!

We have a celeb :-)

Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

The wife was on a Sherlock Holmes web site years and years ago and he
replied to one of her posts saying she listened to his stuff on her ipod
whilst mowing the lawn....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote:

are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

I am. Hello. How pleasant to be recognised.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote:

are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

I am. Hello. How pleasant to be recognised.

Bert

your stories are great...the wife says hello .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote:

your stories are great...

Thank you. I'm delighted that you've enjoyed them.

the wife says hello .......

Hello from me. I hope the iPod (and the mower) are still going strong.

Bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote:

your stories are great...

Thank you. I'm delighted that you've enjoyed them.

the wife says hello .......

Hello from me. I hope the iPod (and the mower) are still going strong.

Bert

fantastic...thanks...she now has the latest with wi fi and
facetime.......cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote
in message ...

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ..." wrote:

your stories are great...

Thank you. I'm delighted that you've enjoyed them.

the wife says hello .......

Hello from me. I hope the iPod (and the mower) are still going strong.

Bert

fantastic...thanks...she now has the latest with wi fi and
facetime.......cheers

two way video in a small device smacks too much of Dick Tracy for me.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 15:43, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information
about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert

are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

The very same!

We have a celeb :-)

Bugger me - and a wiki page too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Coules

That's raised the tone of the group ;-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09 May 2015, The Medway Handyman grunted:

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

Can't help feeling it won't be very robust - an awful lot of clicky plastic
bits to get broken thereby rendering that particular functionality useless.

Wouldn't my 18-year-old self have loved that for Xmas though?

Has it only got a single battery for all that kit? Couldn't tell. But what
did intrigue me was when the bloke set up his jigsaw and circular saw
upside down in bench mode, he apparently clipped on a gadget with a
cable... looked to me like he was replacing the functionality of a
rechargeable battery with a mains adapter. I've never seen a cordless tool
come with that as an optional add-on - brilliant idea for 'emergency use'!

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 19:53, Lobster wrote:
On 09 May 2015, The Medway Handyman grunted:

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

Can't help feeling it won't be very robust - an awful lot of clicky plastic
bits to get broken thereby rendering that particular functionality useless.

Wouldn't my 18-year-old self have loved that for Xmas though?

Has it only got a single battery for all that kit? Couldn't tell. But what
did intrigue me was when the bloke set up his jigsaw and circular saw
upside down in bench mode, he apparently clipped on a gadget with a
cable... looked to me like he was replacing the functionality of a
rechargeable battery with a mains adapter. I've never seen a cordless tool
come with that as an optional add-on - brilliant idea for 'emergency use'!

You can see he plugs the battery into the Toolbox below the off/on
switch. So it runs off the battery at all times.

--
Eednud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 19:53:36 UTC+1, Lobster wrote:
On 09 May 2015, The Medway Handyman grunted:

https://www.facebook.com/hergunyenic...44568/?fref=nf

Can't help feeling it won't be very robust - an awful lot of clicky plastic
bits to get broken thereby rendering that particular functionality useless.

Wouldn't my 18-year-old self have loved that for Xmas though?

Has it only got a single battery for all that kit? Couldn't tell. But what

If its near 12v a PC PSU could be used

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2015 19:53, Lobster wrote:

Has it only got a single battery for all that kit? Couldn't tell. But what
did intrigue me was when the bloke set up his jigsaw and circular saw
upside down in bench mode, he apparently clipped on a gadget with a
cable... looked to me like he was replacing the functionality of a
rechargeable battery with a mains adapter. I've never seen a cordless tool
come with that as an optional add-on - brilliant idea for 'emergency use'!

I thought that at first, but then saw him clip the battery unit onto the
outside of the box. So the thing which looked like a mains adapter may
only have been a connector for a remote battery.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 09/05/2015 15:43, Jim GM4DHJ in the trailer park ... wrote:
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Ingenious. There is a UK stockist, but I can't find any information
about
the price.

C Enterprise (UK) Ltd
Unit 3 Harbourmead Harbour Road Trading Estate, Bristol, BS20 7AY
Tel: +44 (0) 8453 889 769

Bert
are you THE Bert Coules of Sherlock Homes fame are you ? .......

The very same!

We have a celeb :-)

Bugger me - and a wiki page too:

Not tonight Tim, I have a headache.

MDF quality MJ[_4_] Woodworking 15 August 25th 10 03:23 AM
Quality No Name Metalworking 0 March 2nd 10 01:13 PM
Craftsman Quality? Mekon Woodworking 34 December 30th 06 07:26 PM
Appreciate the quality of work. Dave Rhodes Woodworking 10 December 1st 06 08:06 PM
Quality Jigsaws The Medway Handyman UK diy 39 October 10th 06 02:50 AM