Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Election 2015

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few months.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean

He's got every reason to muddle on for a few months

Many of the alternative leaders have lost their seats in Scotland.

And from a party POV whilst Millibug hasn't done "well" he could argue that
he did better than expected, and was buggered by the Scottish "experience",
which was really not of his making.

Not that I am the slightest bit "interested", you understand.

Clegg resigning

Is there any point in 6 MPs having a "leader"?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 07:24, tim..... wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean

He's got every reason to muddle on for a few months

Many of the alternative leaders have lost their seats in Scotland.

And from a party POV whilst Millibug hasn't done "well" he could argue
that he did better than expected, and was buggered by the Scottish
"experience", which was really not of his making.

Not that I am the slightest bit "interested", you understand.

Clegg resigning

Is there any point in 6 MPs having a "leader"?

All parties have leaders, even the Official Monster Raving Loony Party,
which has never had an MP.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 08:28, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

Clegg resigning

Is there any point in 6 MPs having a "leader"?

I'll be amazed if he doesn't switch to an EU post within a year or two.
Much more free champagne to be had there for this "professional
politician".

What a waste of space - wonder if he has ever broke a sweat...

PS: last comment applies to Cameron as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
news
On 08/05/2015 08:28, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

Clegg resigning

Is there any point in 6 MPs having a "leader"?

I'll be amazed if he doesn't switch to an EU post within a year or two.
Much more free champagne to be had there for this "professional
politician".

What a waste of space - wonder if he has ever broke a sweat...

PS: last comment applies to Cameron as well.

Bet Dave did break a sweat during the referendum,
and in the 2010 election count too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 07:24, tim..... wrote:

And from a party POV whilst Millibug hasn't done "well" he could argue
that he did better than expected, and was buggered by the Scottish
"experience", which was really not of his making.

Given how low expectations of him were at the start, "better than
expected" would be a difficult bar to get under!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

Yeah, nothing like what the pollsters predicted.

Not surprising giving the percentage of undecided voters tho.

Hell of a result with the SNP that no one predicted either.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

And Farage in days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hell of a result with the SNP that no one predicted either.

my vote must have helped...tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 07:32, Jacko wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

Yeah, nothing like what the pollsters predicted.

Not surprising giving the percentage of undecided voters tho.

Hell of a result with the SNP that no one predicted either.

They were predicting the SNP to take all the foreign seats last week.

Now we need their power to interfere in England removing!

If there had been a UK referendum on Scottish nationalisation they would
have gone!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

web.com...

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

Yeah, nothing like what the pollsters predicted.

Not surprising giving the percentage of undecided voters tho.

Hell of a result with the SNP that no one predicted either.

They were predicting the SNP to take all the foreign seats last week.

No they were not.

Now we need their power to interfere in England removing!

Isn't going to happen.

If there had been a UK referendum on Scottish nationalisation they would
have gone!

So do you believe that the entire EU should
be voting on whether to kick Britain out ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 13:31, Jacko wrote:

So do you believe that the entire EU should
be voting on whether to kick Britain out ?

If they want to get rid of the UK they can vote.

I want the UK to vote on Scottish independence so we can get rid of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/15 08:23, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

SNP are behind lib dems.

But ahead of the Greens

The trouble is that people believed the 'vote UKIP, get Miliband' guff.

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

But still with just one MP elected and no 'leader' at all.

SNP are behind lib dems.

Not with what matters, the number of MPs.

But ahead of the Greens

The trouble is that people believed the 'vote UKIP, get Miliband' guff.

No, the problem was that those who voted for
UKIP were spread around most of the 650 seats.

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally fixed.

We'll see...

He did have the balls to let the Scots have one that wasnt totally fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

But still with just one MP elected and no 'leader' at all.

SNP are behind lib dems.

Not with what matters, the number of MPs.

THAT is a matter for some debate.

But ahead of the Greens

The trouble is that people believed the 'vote UKIP, get Miliband' guff.

No, the problem was that those who voted for
UKIP were spread around most of the 650 seats.

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally fixed.

We'll see...

He did have the balls to let the Scots have one that wasnt totally fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

But still with just one MP elected and no 'leader' at all.

SNP are behind lib dems.

Not with what matters, the number of MPs.

THAT is a matter for some debate.

Only with those that could barely manage to get just one MP elected.

But ahead of the Greens

The trouble is that people believed the 'vote UKIP, get Miliband' guff.

No, the problem was that those who voted for
UKIP were spread around most of the 650 seats.

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally fixed.

We'll see...

He did have the balls to let the Scots have one that wasnt totally
fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

Thank gawd we don't have PR. Those that voted for them aren't clever
enough to deserve a vote.

SNP are behind lib dems.

Given only those living in Scotland had an SNP candidate to vote for, that
statement is simply typical of your twisted thinking.

But ahead of the Greens

The trouble is that people believed the 'vote UKIP, get Miliband' guff.

Any port in a storm...

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally fixed.

Excellent. The village mentality lot have been scuppered.

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Excellent. The village mentality lot have been scuppered.

No - we should have a referendum - like the scots - to put the issue to
bed once and for all.

Salmond might pop up and say that all bar 2 seats mean Scotland wants
independence - but everyone else will respond "you had a referendum and
the people decided to stay - so shut up..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Excellent. The village mentality lot have been scuppered.

No - we should have a referendum - like the scots - to put the issue to
bed once and for all.

Bet that hasn’t happened with the Scots.

Salmond might pop up and say that all bar 2 seats mean Scotland wants
independence - but everyone else will respond "you had a referendum and
the people decided to stay - so shut up..."

We'll see...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

Excellent. The village mentality lot have been scuppered.

No - we should have a referendum - like the scots - to put the issue to
bed once and for all.

But it wouldn't.

Salmond might pop up and say that all bar 2 seats mean Scotland wants
independence - but everyone else will respond "you had a referendum and
the people decided to stay - so shut up..."

There will be another referendum sooner or later. Unless steps really are
taken to address those grievances that caused the SNP landslide.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 08/05/15 11:20, Tim Watts wrote:

Excellent. The village mentality lot have been scuppered.

No - we should have a referendum - like the scots - to put the issue to
bed once and for all.

Salmond might pop up and say that all bar 2 seats mean Scotland wants
independence - but everyone else will respond "you had a referendum and
the people decided to stay - so shut up..."

The SNP believe they have won, so give them a prize: a much rope as they
want.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Watts
writes

Excellent. The village mentality lot have been scuppered.

No - we should have a referendum - like the scots - to put the issue to
bed once and for all.

Salmond might pop up and say that all bar 2 seats mean Scotland wants
independence - but everyone else will respond "you had a referendum
and the people decided to stay - so shut up..."

The SNP have less than 10% of the seats in Westminster so what's all the
fuss about?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

Thank gawd we don't have PR. Those that voted for them aren't clever
enough to deserve a vote.

But if we'd have PR before now, would people have become frustrated
enough with FPTP to have ever voted UKIP, or to have put them more than
a 3rd favourite vote?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/15 11:29, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

Thank gawd we don't have PR. Those that voted for them aren't clever
enough to deserve a vote.

But if we'd have PR before now, would people have become frustrated
enough with FPTP to have ever voted UKIP, or to have put them more than
a 3rd favourite vote?

FPTP means you need better than about 23% of the national vote to have a
say, unless you are a narrow nationalist localist party like the SNP

In the end people were more scared of Miliband than Brussels.
*shrug*.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

UKIP now third biggest party in terms of votes cast.

Thank gawd we don't have PR. Those that voted for them aren't clever
enough to deserve a vote.

But if we'd have PR before now, would people have become frustrated enough
with FPTP to have ever voted UKIP,

Yes, there have always been more than
10% who don’t want to see any foreigners.

or to have put them more than a 3rd favourite vote?

With just 12% of the vote.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The trouble is that people believed the 'vote UKIP, get Miliband' guff.

I suspect that, for a lot of people, vote UKIP and get Nigel would be
discouragement enough.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally fixed.

Well there was never any chance if UKIP got in, they don't care what the
majority think.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 08 May 2015 13:10:33 +0100, Dennis@home wrote:

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally
fixed.

Well there was never any chance if UKIP got in, they don't care what the
majority think.

Weren't UKIP saying no referendum was needed?
Probably because they knew damn well that the answer wouldn't suit them.

After all, only 8.3% of the electorate cared enough about UKIP's opinions
to vote for them yesterday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 13:40, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2015 13:10:33 +0100, Dennis@home wrote:

Bang goes any chance of a referendum on Europe that isn't totally
fixed.

Well there was never any chance if UKIP got in, they don't care what the
majority think.

Weren't UKIP saying no referendum was needed?
Probably because they knew damn well that the answer wouldn't suit them.

After all, only 8.3% of the electorate cared enough about UKIP's opinions
to vote for them yesterday.

But! "UKIP has won a 13% vote share in the election and has one MP,
Douglas Carswell, who held his Clacton seat.
It puts the party in third place behind the Conservatives and Labour in
terms of share of the vote."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32633719

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/15 09:24, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2015 08:23:43 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

At least with Balls gone, and probably Milliband standing down as
leader, Labour may now develop a sensible and credible economic
policy, compared with the profligate rubbish of the past. But with
Mrs. Balls now well placed to become party leader, I wouldn't bet on
it!

Labour is probably finished long term, the lib dems almost certainly are.

UKIP and SNP and the Greens are the parties that have traction.

SNP are just a narrow racist party of bigots, but that's what the scots
want. Greens are getting huge funding and will be the new party of the
hard left.

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

At least with Balls gone, and probably Milliband standing down as
leader, Labour may now develop a sensible and credible economic
policy, compared with the profligate rubbish of the past. But with
Mrs. Balls now well placed to become party leader, I wouldn't bet on
it!

Labour is probably finished long term, the lib dems almost certainly are.

UKIP and SNP and the Greens are the parties that have traction.

SNP are just a narrow racist party of bigots,

and that's Ok because they only hate the white English types...

but that's what the scots
want. Greens are getting huge funding and will be the new party of the
hard left.

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

And the BBC was all "SNP SNP SNP" - I did not see much excitement in
Wales or even N Ireland over their voting results. Talk about one sided.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible
absolute majority for the tories.

My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few
months.

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.

UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?

At least with Balls gone, and probably Milliband standing down as
leader, Labour may now develop a sensible and credible economic
policy, compared with the profligate rubbish of the past. But with
Mrs. Balls now well placed to become party leader, I wouldn't bet on
it!

Labour is probably finished long term,

Not a chance. There is no other viable major.

the lib dems almost certainly are.

We'll see...

UKIP and SNP and the Greens are the parties that have traction.

SNP certainly have in Scotland. The other two have just one MP each.

There are plenty of other parties that leave that for dead.

SNP are just a narrow racist party of bigots,

Plenty say that about UKIP too.

but that's what the scots want.

Greens are getting huge funding and will be the new party of the hard
left.

Yes, but with just one MP, they are completely irrelevant,
just like the Communists have always been.

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

Not a chance with just one MP and no 'leader'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:

[...]

The difference is, that is not true.

but that's what the scots want.

Greens are getting huge funding and will be the new party of the hard
left.

Yes, but with just one MP, they are completely irrelevant,
just like the Communists have always been.

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

Not a chance with just one MP and no 'leader'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 11:14, Jacko wrote:

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

Not a chance with just one MP and no 'leader'

Farage will just wait a few days and then say he didn't mean he wouldn't
be UKIPs leader, he just wanted to grab some headlines!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 08/05/2015 11:14, Jacko wrote:

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

Not a chance with just one MP and no 'leader'

Farage will just wait a few days and then say he didn't mean he wouldn't
be UKIPs leader, he just wanted to grab some headlines!

Going to be interesting to watch what happens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2015 13:07, Dennis@home wrote:
On 08/05/2015 11:14, Jacko wrote:

UKIP will become the new centre right party.

Not a chance with just one MP and no 'leader'

Farage will just wait a few days and then say he didn't mean he wouldn't
be UKIPs leader, he just wanted to grab some headlines!

No he won't, he is on record this morning, saying that he'll have a long
summer holiday and review his stance on standing again in september.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
SNP are just a narrow racist party of bigots, but that's what the scots
want.

But as a UKIP fanatic, surely that's exactly what you approve of?

As ever, your 'logic' is weird.

--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Ward's Announces 10 Best Engines 2015 jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 June 1st 15 10:17 PM
Blizzard 2015 Oren[_2_] Home Repair 32 January 28th 15 10:56 PM
'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015 [email protected] Metalworking 3 May 11th 12 04:03 PM
'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015 [email protected] Metalworking 1 May 9th 12 11:57 PM
'Your' Car Won't Be After 2015 [email protected] Metalworking 2 May 4th 12 11:01 PM