Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boris.

This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who normally
post such things generally comply with. ;-)

--
*Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who normally
post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who normally
post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Its nice that we can have high class debate in this group...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo
opportunities' was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox.
But the house chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets'
notices on the letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but
posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who
normally post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

This from one who claims to believe in freedom. But only for extreme right
wing bigots, obviously.

Also a bit surprising that one who claims to be a philosopher has such a
very restricted choice of language. Must get it from his pal Nige.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo

opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who
normally post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Its nice that we can have high class debate in this group...

I think it just brilliant. ;-)

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo
opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who
normally post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Its nice that we can have high class debate in this group...

I think it just brilliant. ;-)

It's not too dissimilar to the politicians vitriol at Question Time :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who normally
post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Its nice that we can have high class debate in this group...

+1

Personally I think TNP has got crankier in the last few months, which is
very disappointing, given his former stalwart D-I-Y character. And I'm
afraid he'll be in an even worse mood after tomorrow.

John

p.s. Up here in the savage North we hardly ever use that "c" word --
seems to be a southern thing. It's extremely offensive [when used as
southerner use it].
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo
opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who
normally post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Its nice that we can have high class debate in this group...

I think it just brilliant. ;-)

I think it shows desperation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2015 19:21, Another John wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Oi! I'm a southerner and around our area that word is shunned upon.
Don't tar us all with the same brush. There's a time and a place for
that sort of language.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who normally
post such things generally comply with. ;-)

Boris has never been one to worry about where he sticks things.

I who's wife he's shagging this week.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think it just brilliant. ;-)

It's going to be interesting if we get the hung parliament predicted and
see what the Fixed Term Parliaments Act 2011 does for us then...

(ie dissolving an unworkable government is no longer a trivial exercise)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Also a bit surprising that one who claims to be a philosopher has such a
very restricted choice of language. ...

Actually, he appears to claim to be a physicist and presumably one who
studied at one of the ancient universities, where it is still called
natural philosophy.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh, and which side of the bed did you get out of today then? Its just as
well the story was not about your letterbox.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo opportunities'
was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a letterbox. But the house
chosen had one of those 'no circulars or leaflets' notices on the
letterbox. Which he noticed and commented on - but posted it anyway.

So the Mayor of London doesn't give a stuff about the reasonable
requirement of the householder. Which even the 'immigrants' who normally
post such things generally comply with. ;-)

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

--
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for the rare
story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. ?" Erwin Knoll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/15 19:46, Jonno wrote:
I who's wife he's shagging this week.

Are you dear?
How...uninteresting

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/15 20:19, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
Also a bit surprising that one who claims to be a philosopher has such a
very restricted choice of language. ...

Actually, he appears to claim to be a physicist and presumably one who
studied at one of the ancient universities, where it is still called
natural philosophy.

No, I am a cambridge eduacated ENGINEER

****

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ],
Another John writes

Personally I think TNP has got crankier in the last few months, which is
very disappointing, given his former stalwart D-I-Y character.

Agreed.

p.s. Up here in the savage North we hardly ever use that "c" word --
seems to be a southern thing.

Funny that. Having moved to NE Scotland 13 years ago, we hear plenty of
Fs, but I don't think I've heard the C word since we arrived.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Another John" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Utter bull****.
The **** word is used as much in the north as it is in the south.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Bull**** is that. I've worked in the south and remember the word being used
all of the time................. if not more than in the north.
"Ya fackin cant" is the way that pikey southerner try to speak the word.
It is used freely all over the ****ry. Not that you would know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/15 20:19, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
Also a bit surprising that one who claims to be a philosopher has such a
very restricted choice of language. ...

Actually, he appears to claim to be a physicist and presumably one who
studied at one of the ancient universities, where it is still called
natural philosophy.

No, I am a cambridge eduacated ENGINEER

A natural error, given that the university with the oldest engineering
faculty calls engineers engineers.

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"News" wrote in message
In message ],
Another John writes

Personally I think TNP has got crankier in the last few months, which is
very disappointing, given his former stalwart D-I-Y character.

Agreed.

p.s. Up here in the savage North we hardly ever use that "c" word --
seems to be a southern thing.

Funny that. Having moved to NE Scotland 13 years ago, we hear plenty of
Fs, but I don't think I've heard the C word since we arrived.

I heard it used as every second word when I worked there.
But, I'm just over 21 years of age and I can handle this shocking word.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Its shunned or shat upon.

Don't tar us all with the same brush. There's a time and a place for that
sort of language.

We've even had one of our politicians who went
on to become the party leader use the phase
'congaline of suckholes' in parliament.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Actually, he appears to claim to be a physicist and presumably one who
studied at one of the ancient universities, where it is still called
natural philosophy.

No, I am a cambridge eduacated ENGINEER

****

You just couldn't make this up... ;-)

--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

This may amuse some of you who don't get the BBC1 London news.

Boris was at the hustings yesterday, and one of the 'photo
opportunities' was of him posting a Tory leaflet through a
letterbox. But the house chosen had one of those 'no circulars or
leaflets' notices on the letterbox. Which he noticed and commented
on - but posted it anyway.

Then let the householder have the notice say: 2015 election - no
political leaflets of canvassers. As it is I ignore the ones that say
no leaflets, because most of them look old enough to predate the
current occupants.

I'm afraid that if I were at home and you ignored the brightly coloured, A4
notice politely telling you not to post your rubbish through my letterbox,
then a 6ft tall, rather grumpy old sod who's built like a brick crapper,
would be returning your leaflet by 'posting' it through that gobby,
over-large orifice just under your nose - especially if your are a hated
UKIPer, Tory or Lib Dem!

May the vote go badly against that unholy trinity tomorrow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

[...]

****s are useful.
Lots of people here aren't and therefore shouldn't be called ****s.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

****s are useful.

not to be ****ed about with ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

/whose

You and Dave and Dave keep making this error. /q

Even after you've 'corrected' it, it still makes no sense....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 May 2015 19:21:27 UTC+1, Another John wrote:

p.s. Up here in the savage North we hardly ever use that "c" word --
seems to be a southern thing. It's extremely offensive [when used as
southerner use it].

I'd be more offended if someone called me a politition than the "c" word.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK scribbled

/whose

You and Dave and Dave keep making this error. /q

Even after you've 'corrected' it, it still makes no sense....

Jim K

It never will, I made an edit and ****ed up the post.

Not as bad as this tory flyer...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...tish-erection-
day-flyer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 May 2015 17:17:30 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Oh look, the milk of human kindness just curdled.

--
Aspersions don't float.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What's an engineer ****?

--
Aspersions don't float.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/15 18:40, Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 07 May 2015 00:14:26 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You just couldn't make this up... ;-)

What's an engineer ****?

Well, a **** engineer would probably be the guy involved with the more
personal aspects of japanese android design...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Charlie" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 May 2015 17:17:30 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

oh FFS shut up you whining lefty ****

Oh look, the milk of human kindness just curdled.

....and I thought they were nice down here ....oh well

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar cpb@ insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:
On 06/05/15 20:19, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
Also a bit surprising that one who claims to be a philosopher has
such a very restricted choice of language. ...

Actually, he appears to claim to be a physicist and presumably one who
studied at one of the ancient universities, where it is still called
natural philosophy.

No, I am a cambridge eduacated ENGINEER

A natural error, given that the university with the oldest engineering
faculty calls engineers engineers.

my degree from that place was in "Mechanical Sciences", albeit I studied at
the Engineering labs.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18