Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Very tacky garden wall/fence

Hi someone is obviously making plastic fences that look a little bit like
brick walls.
A week or so back I got out of a car somewhere in Kingston.. no I'm not
going to say where, and leaned on the wall and it was warm to the touch and
a bit bendy. Basically the front facing structure was made to look like
bricks.
Oh deary me. Has it really come to this?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 22:33:45 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Hi someone is obviously making plastic fences that look a little bit like
brick walls.
A week or so back I got out of a car somewhere in Kingston.. no I'm not
going to say where, and leaned on the wall and it was warm to the touch and
a bit bendy. Basically the front facing structure was made to look like
bricks.
Oh deary me. Has it really come to this?

I suppose it depends what they actually look like and I appreciate you
may not be able to give an accurate opinion on that,
One of the main uses of such brick look panels is for interior
decoration of premises which want the warehouse wall look such as
Coffee bars, Boutiques and those shops that sell fake old junk as
Shabby Chic amongst a selection of magic stones and candles.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Hi someone is obviously making plastic fences that look a little bit like
brick walls.
A week or so back I got out of a car somewhere in Kingston.. no I'm not
going to say where, and leaned on the wall and it was warm to the touch
and a bit bendy. Basically the front facing structure was made to look
like bricks.
Oh deary me. Has it really come to this?

Manufactured for the use of chavs who like to see instant results for little
expenditure.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah, I see, so its probably someone's idea of a good cheap way to make a
fence. Maybe he is in the trade and has half inched a panel or two of these
daft things.
No you are right I could not see it,but the person Iwas with told me it
looked kind of dark reddy brown and a bit like verticle cobble stones, but
more regular with slight symetrical cracks as a wall might have.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote:

Hi someone is obviously making plastic fences that look a little bit like
brick walls.
A week or so back I got out of a car somewhere in Kingston.. no I'm not
going to say where, and leaned on the wall and it was warm to the touch
and
a bit bendy. Basically the front facing structure was made to look like
bricks.
Oh deary me. Has it really come to this?

I suppose it depends what they actually look like and I appreciate you
may not be able to give an accurate opinion on that,
One of the main uses of such brick look panels is for interior
decoration of premises which want the warehouse wall look such as
Coffee bars, Boutiques and those shops that sell fake old junk as
Shabby Chic amongst a selection of magic stones and candles.

G.Harman

teating my garden fence Thomarse UK diy 1 March 8th 09 04:36 PM
Garden Fence Options S R[_3_] UK diy 8 February 28th 09 10:07 PM
Garden Fence ?? doobydoobydo UK diy 3 June 13th 07 06:00 PM
Wooden garden fence [email protected] Woodworking 7 March 28th 05 07:58 PM
Garden fence Terry D UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 11:15 AM