Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT pregnant.

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain scribbled

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour problem.

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 6:57:13 AM UTC+1, harry wrote:
SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour problem.

All dogs smell bad, you just don't notice until you stop having one in your home.

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1386837 20150422 065636 "harryagain" wrote:
SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour problem.

Take it to a vet or the PDSA to see if it's micro-chipped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 07:18:48 +0100, Jonno wrote:

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Or it's pregnant.

The best way forward is to take it to the vet and get them to scan it for
a microchip. They're likely to be able to give a reasonable clue on
whether it's up the duff or not at the same time.

If you can't be bothered to risk a few quid on that, then police stations
can do the scanning, I think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Apr 2015, Bob Martin grunted:

wrote:
SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

You ought to be able to feel any pups if it's heavily pregnant. Plus,
swollen nipples?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

Take it to a vet or the PDSA to see if it's micro-chipped.

+1

You're making an assumption (which may be right or wrong) that it's been
dumped; however before you keep it you need to rule out the possibility
that it's a much loved family pet.

If you at leat stick your head above the parapet the putative owner would
have a chance of finding their dog. Happened to us a few months back; we
rescued a stray off the main road (obviously a pet) and alerted the local
vet; who the following morning put us in touch with the owners, who had in
turn contacted the vet themselves.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:47:55 +0000, Adrian wrote:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 07:18:48 +0100, Jonno wrote:

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Or it's pregnant.

The best way forward is to take it to the vet and get them to scan it
for a microchip. They're likely to be able to give a reasonable clue on
whether it's up the duff or not at the same time.

If you can't be bothered to risk a few quid on that, then police
stations can do the scanning, I think.

The vets round here will do all that for nothing.

wish to copy them they can pay me £3 0a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes one should take it in or at least to a local vet. Most have a chip
reader and if its got one reuniting might be easy. It might just be a very
highly strung dog, many of the type you describe often are.

It really should be checked for a chip ASAP, or you might be done for
theft if the owner finds out.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jonno" wrote in message
dhosting.com...
harryagain scribbled

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jonno" wrote in message
dhosting.com...
harryagain scribbled

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

I have asked round the village for the owner. No-one can help.
We have put notices up too.
It could be fat because it's pregnant?

SWMBO has bought dog food.
Dog is not keen on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 6:57:13 AM UTC+1, harry wrote:
SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

All dogs smell bad,

Nope.

you just don't notice until you stop having one in your home.

I haven't had one for 30 years now and
none of the dogs I come across smell bad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes one should take it in or at least to a local vet. Most have a chip
reader and if its got one reuniting might be easy. It might just be a very
highly strung dog, many of the type you describe often are.

It really should be checked for a chip ASAP, or you might be done for
theft if the owner finds out.

You cant be done for theft in that situation.

"Jonno" wrote in message
dhosting.com...
harryagain scribbled

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

You ought to be able to feel any pups if it's heavily pregnant. Plus,
swollen nipples?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

Take it to a vet or the PDSA to see if it's micro-chipped.

+1

I agree, having seen this from the other side.

One of our cats went missing a couple of years ago (bulders were
demolishing the brothel next door and they basically removed our garden
gate as it was attached to the premises).

Someone picked her up and didn't have her scanned, etc. Kept her, and had
her vaccinated - for some reason they didn't manage to get the chip on a
routine scan, although the cat in question does wriggle a lot. This was
repeated at the booster vaccination.

She was then taken back to be spayed, and they scanned her while 'under'.
This time they got the chip and phoned me. They wouldn't let the 'finder'
have the cat back, and I collected her that day - two months after the
loss.

wish to copy them they can pay me £3 0a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2015 10:09, Bob Eager wrote:
Someone picked her up and didn't have her scanned, etc. Kept her, and had
her vaccinated - for some reason they didn't manage to get the chip on a
routine scan, although the cat in question does wriggle a lot. This was
repeated at the booster vaccination...

Apparently, the chips are quite difficult to find in cats as they often
move about under the skin and end up in odd places.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:23:44 +0100, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

On 22/04/2015 10:09, Bob Eager wrote:
Someone picked her up and didn't have her scanned, etc. Kept her, and
had her vaccinated - for some reason they didn't manage to get the chip
on a routine scan, although the cat in question does wriggle a lot.
This was repeated at the booster vaccination...

Apparently, the chips are quite difficult to find in cats as they often
move about under the skin and end up in odd places.

Yes, hers had moved and it was difficult to scan all over as she is a bit
frisky (until anaesthetised!)

wish to copy them they can pay me £3 0a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 10:09:41 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
One of our cats went missing a couple of years ago (bulders were
demolishing the brothel next door and they basically removed our garden
gate as it was attached to the premises).

Someone picked her up and didn't have her scanned, etc. Kept her, and had
her vaccinated - for some reason they didn't manage to get the chip on a
routine scan, although the cat in question does wriggle a lot. This was
repeated at the booster vaccination.

She was then taken back to be spayed, and they scanned her while 'under'.
This time they got the chip and phoned me.

They wouldn't let the 'finder' have the cat back,

Of course not. She belonged to you, not the finder - but I hope you
paid for the spaying.

and I collected her that day - two months after the loss.

That must have been pleasing!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
you just don't notice until you stop having one in your home.

I haven't had one for 30 years now and
none of the dogs I come across smell bad.

Probably says as much about where you live as the dogs.

--
*If they arrest the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2015 09:20, Rod Speed wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes one should take it in or at least to a local vet. Most have a chip
reader and if its got one reuniting might be easy. It might just be a
very highly strung dog, many of the type you describe often are.

It really should be checked for a chip ASAP, or you might be done for
theft if the owner finds out.

You cant be done for theft in that situation.

Dunno about OZ, but in the UK if you find something (live or inanimate)
which is likely to have an owner, and keep it without making reasonable
efforts to locate them, that would be theft (IMHO).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2015 08:40, harryagain wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
dhosting.com...
harryagain scribbled

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.
I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour
problem.

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

I have asked round the village for the owner. No-one can help.
We have put notices up too.

Might be worth checking the web site www.doglost.co.uk (also a good site
to post if you lose one).

It could be fat because it's pregnant?

Sadly it may well have been dumped because of this. Certainly worth
getting it checked for chipping.

SWMBO has bought dog food.
Dog is not keen on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:57:20 -0700, Martin Bonner wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 10:09:41 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
One of our cats went missing a couple of years ago (bulders were
demolishing the brothel next door and they basically removed our garden
gate as it was attached to the premises).

Someone picked her up and didn't have her scanned, etc. Kept her, and
had her vaccinated - for some reason they didn't manage to get the chip
on a routine scan, although the cat in question does wriggle a lot.
This was repeated at the booster vaccination.

She was then taken back to be spayed, and they scanned her while
'under'.
This time they got the chip and phoned me.

They wouldn't let the 'finder' have the cat back,

Of course not. She belonged to you, not the finder - but I hope you
paid for the spaying.

My point was that she didn't actually try and find an owner herself.

The cat was already spayed. There was still quite a bill, because the vet
had actually opened her up before finding there was nothing to take out.

I offered to pay, but the vet said the finder had disappeared, not
wanting to be contacted, and had already paid.

wish to copy them they can pay me £3 0a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 07:18:48 +0100, Jonno wrote:

SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

How can you tell?

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Or it's pregnant.

The best way forward is to take it to the vet and get them to scan it for
a microchip. They're likely to be able to give a reasonable clue on
whether it's up the duff or not at the same time.

If you can't be bothered to risk a few quid on that, then police stations
can do the scanning, I think.

It is reportable to the local council.

Of course the dog I found was well looked after for the night (it was
chipped and returned to the owner)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_i...nel=adamko2020

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message
SWMBO brought this bitch home.
Found it running about in the traffic.
No-one knows whose it is.
Suspect SWMBO wants to keep it rather than turn it in to the pound!
No-one else would want it.
Suspiciously fat.
Pregnant?

Some horrible **** has dumped it in the middle of nowhere so it can't find
it's way back home, this is the usual trick with braindead ****tards who
probably didn't even know it was in season when it got pregnant.
Now they've got shut because feeding extra pups means less smack and coke
for them and their kids

How can you tell?

(One dog is enough, never mind a pack.)
Smellie collie cross of some description.
Seems quite timid. Maybe abused.

see above.

I'll take it oputside & give it a hose/wash down to fix the odour problem.

A vet can tell you if she's up the duff, which it's 90% certain she is.
A dog's home will take her, or just the pups when they're born if you want
to give her a few years of a decent life instead of the one she's endured up
to now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
you just don't notice until you stop having one in your home.

I haven't had one for 30 years now and
none of the dogs I come across smell bad.

Probably says as much about where you live as the dogs.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Yes one should take it in or at least to a local vet. Most have a chip
reader and if its got one reuniting might be easy. It might just be a
very highly strung dog, many of the type you describe often are.

It really should be checked for a chip ASAP, or you might be done for
theft if the owner finds out.

You cant be done for theft in that situation.

Dunno about OZ, but in the UK if you find something (live or inanimate)
which is likely to have an owner, and keep it without making reasonable
efforts to locate them, that would be theft (IMHO).

Its much more complicated than that with wandering animals,
both there and here.

Yes, you are supposed to hand anything you find to the
cops with inanimate things, but in practice if you don’t
do that with low value stuff you don’t get done for theft.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2015 07:18, Jonno wrote:

If it's fat, it's been fed, so probably missed by owner.

Or a gut full of worms!