Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cabinet door repairs

Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have
been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have
pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a
set + delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have
been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have
pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a
set + delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago,
and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago,
and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

You do have to factor THM's time - if he has one to repair, it's either
bugger about for 20 minutes mixing, applying, waiting, sanding.

Or stick one of those on for 2.20

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2015 09:38, Tim Watts wrote:

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago,
and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

You do have to factor THM's time - if he has one to repair, it's either
bugger about for 20 minutes mixing, applying, waiting, sanding.

Or stick one of those on for 2.20

Is the correct answer!

And the customer pays £4:99 anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have
been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have
pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a
set + delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago,
and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

Me too but this is faster, neater, and stronger.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2015 13:37, stuart noble wrote:
Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have
been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have
pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a
set + delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago,
and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

Me too but this is faster, neater, and stronger.

And can be used to fix new doors to old carcasses when the hinge holes
don't line up. Brilliant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2015 13:37, stuart noble wrote:
Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have
been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have
pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a
set + delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago,
and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

Me too but this is faster, neater, and stronger.

Isn't that the motto of the Olympic games?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

I thought you were male?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2015 18:47, Capitol wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

I thought you were male?

The customer is female in 8/10 cases :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm sure they must be, but I ended up using a piano hinge on one door as the
load of the bin inside kept muching up the hinges and the door.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have been
opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have pulled out
of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a set
+ delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Iron...ir+Kit+/p25950

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Garage Door repairs: DIY Jeff Barker Home Repair 1 December 12th 12 02:44 AM
Door are now on TV Cabinet evodawg Woodworking Plans and Photos 12 May 3rd 08 08:01 PM
Desktop PC/Server Repairs Apple Mac Repairs [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 13th 07 06:44 AM
Garage door repairs Rich Home Repair 1 May 29th 07 05:56 AM
Advice about garage door repairs needed... chicagofan Home Repair 15 January 16th 06 04:50 AM