Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; One for Mr Pounder :-)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

EE, Ah like it
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/03/2015 13:12, Broadback wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

EE, Ah like it

Surely, Mr Pounder would not approve of such a multi-cultural approach?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/03/2015 14:41, GB wrote:
On 29/03/2015 13:12, Broadback wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

EE, Ah like it

Surely, Mr Pounder would not approve of such a multi-cultural approach?

It's a really good find, by the way. Thank you TMH.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

"A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit in the early
hours of Tuesday 3 February. Epicent Basildon, Essex.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering "fackin 'ell" and
"whatta cant". The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately £30
worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish
Costa's were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars
were disturbed.

Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived.

Essex FM News (State Radio Station) reported that hundreds of residents were
confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that
something interesting had happened in Basildon.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 17-year-old mother of 5 said "It was
such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom
crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all.
I was shaking as I watched telly and skinning up".

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as normal.

The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny
Delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still
searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal
belongings, which include benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at
Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those
unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after,
items most needed include: Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Kappa tracksuit
tops (his and hers) Shell suits (female) White sport socks Rockport boots
and any other items usually sold in Matalan.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required
foodstuffs include Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream and cans
of Colt 45 or Special Brew. 22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation
forms, £2.00 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 5,
£5.00 will pay for a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those
affected. Please do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing
is unfair on the population of neighbouring areas of Vange, Pitsea and
Laindon.

*Breaking news**

Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in claret - 'where are
you bleeding from?' they asked, 'Romford' said the girl 'woss that got to do
wiv it?'

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/03/2015 14:45, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

It's your contention that we'd be better off without other minorities
that I object to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 29/03/2015 14:45, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

What has multicultural in Yorkshire got to do with anything?

It's your contention that we'd be better off without other minorities that
I object to.

I'm only trying to help you. Please don't get upset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/03/2015 15:31, Mr Pounder wrote:

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

What has multicultural in Yorkshire got to do with anything?

Ee by gum, you don't think that Yorkies should be included in our
multicultural society? You want everyone to be the same?

It's your contention that we'd be better off without other minorities that
I object to.

I'm only trying to help you. Please don't get upset.

I'm not upset. I just object to your incredibly narrow views.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 29/03/2015 15:31, Mr Pounder wrote:

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

What has multicultural in Yorkshire got to do with anything?

Ee by gum, you don't think that Yorkies should be included in our
multicultural society? You want everyone to be the same?

I did not say that they should not be included.

It's your contention that we'd be better off without other minorities
that
I object to.

I'm only trying to help you. Please don't get upset.

I'm not upset. I just object to your incredibly narrow views.

I don't object to yours.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

I like it, but you seem to be ignorant of the fact that the south of
England keeps your local unemployables in beer and far too many of them
emigrate south to Basildon!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 29 March 2015 15:00:55 UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
Ł5.00 will pay for a packet of B&H

counterfeit or smuggled, at today's prices?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
news
Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

Yes, there is more employment in the south and always has been. This does
not mean that it is a better place to live. I've worked all over the country
and would not want to live anywhere in the south.
Please bear in mind that I went to the south with an open mind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 29 March 2015 15:00:55 UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
L5.00 will pay for a packet of B&H

counterfeit or smuggled, at today's prices?

It's very old work of art which I read years ago. All I had to do was use my
search engine to find it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:

Please bear in mind that I went to the south with an open mind.

And look what it's done to you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Mr Pounder wrote:

Please bear in mind that I went to the south with an open mind.

And look what it's done to you!

Indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Capitol
wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:

Please bear in mind that I went to the south with an open mind.

That's what Captain Scott said too.

Aye, poor Bob Scott.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 29/03/2015 14:45, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

Yorkshire is God's own country.
The Bible is written in Yorkshire speak, this proves it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message

"GB" wrote in message
On 29/03/2015 14:45, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

Yorkshire is God's own country.
The Bible is written in Yorkshire speak, this proves it.

Most southerners have never even been there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:

Please bear in mind that I went to the south with an open mind.

That's what Captain Scott said too.

Aye, poor Bob Scott.

And Captain Oates, too. He went south and said "I may be some time".
Then he went west.

Hmmmmm. Is that the guy that nipped out of the tent to get a packet of fags?
My memories of the film are not what they could be.
I first saw it at school.

--
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 29/03/2015 14:45, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

Yorkshire is God's own country.

Indeed it is, especially Bradford, with a mosque on every corner, and
Rochdale, Religious rape capital of the world.

The Bible is written in Yorkshire speak, this proves it.

Most southerners have never even been there.

Its true we don't tend to stay for the whole weekend, or even the whole
half hour, but we have indeed been there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 29/03/2015 14:45, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

Yorkshire is God's own country.

Indeed it is, especially Bradford, with a mosque on every corner, and
Rochdale, Religious rape capital of the world.

Just who let that happen?

The Bible is written in Yorkshire speak, this proves it.

Most southerners have never even been there.

Its true we don't tend to stay for the whole weekend, or even the whole
half hour, but we have indeed been there.

"We"?

--
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for the rare
story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. - Erwin Knoll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"Capitol" wrote in message
news
Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

Because it is empty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...os-ak-xfp1/v/t

1.0-9/1491725_939301422748804_8490708811591084698_n.jpg? oh=3d4ac858

616692dbaf1f58da3334decd&oe=55A11FF4&__gda__=14382 10159_16545b4654c7cc87d7f20c84b30ec935

It's just plain wrong. It should say, Ay up! When t'red light's on 'old
tha' 'orses.'

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...f20c84b30ec935

Touched a nerve have I?

Nah then!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

It's just plain wrong. It should say, Ay up! When t'red light's on 'old
tha' 'orses.'

I believe that, originally, signs at level crossings said:
"Wait while lights flash".
In Yorkshire, at least, this could certainly be interpreted as
"Wait until lights flash", with obvious consequences, and the
wording is different nowadays.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:05:29 +0100, Capitol
wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:

Please bear in mind that I went to the south with an open mind.

And look what it's done to you!

Is that a reference to the old joke along the lines of:

" I went to the south with an open mind, a mind so open that my brains
fell out!"? :-)
--
J B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"Capitol" wrote in message
news
Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

Most people here think that about your mind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:07:33 +0100, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

It's just plain wrong. It should say, Ay up! When t'red light's on 'old
tha' 'orses.'

I believe that, originally, signs at level crossings said: "Wait while
lights flash".
In Yorkshire, at least, this could certainly be interpreted as "Wait
until lights flash", with obvious consequences, and the wording is
different nowadays.

Parts of Lancashire too. Reminds me of a story from ICL (the "British"
computer company before it was absorbed by Fujitsu), and the design of
New Range (what was to be the 2900) back in 1971:
------------------
At a meeting of the €˜New Range Upper Sub-Range Primitive Interface In
Interpretive Committee, chaired by John Bowthorpe, there was a
lengthy debate one day about the proposed implementation of the SWEQ
(Scan While Equal) and SWNE (Scan While Not Equal) instructions. Near
the end of the meeting, one of the engineers got up and said that he was
happy with the implementation but unhappy with the names of the
instructions. He explained that he came from Oldham and that in parts of
Lancashire €˜while meant €˜until, so that any Lancastrian
engineers and programmers would interpret the instructions in exactly
the opposite way to that intended. An action was duly placed for the
Architects to rule on this.

At the next meeting the chairman came to this action and solemnly
declared that the matter had been duly considered and the instruction
names would remain as they were. It was felt that €˜ICL specifications
could not be written to cater for ethnic minorities.
------------------------

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/03/2015 16:10, Mr Pounder wrote:

I think that Yorkshire is a very welcome part of our multicultural
society. We'd be poorer without it. And you!

What has multicultural in Yorkshire got to do with anything?

Ee by gum, you don't think that Yorkies should be included in our
multicultural society? You want everyone to be the same?

I did not say that they should not be included.

Yes you did. What else does 'What has multicultural in Yorkshire got to
do with anything?' mean?

Sometimes, I think that, not only do I not understand you, but you don't
understand you!

I'm not upset. I just object to your incredibly narrow views.

I don't object to yours.

That's because my views are all shiny and lovely. A joy to behold!