Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice needed finding (now obsolete) spares alternative for RyobiRCS-4450C 50cm

70545

Problem:

Apparently the oil pump worm drive has gone on my 2009 Ryobi RCS-4450C 50cm Petrol Chainsaw as I didn't use the chainsaw for a few months and the chain oil thickened.

A chainsaw expert friend found the fault and the part at http://www.ryobispares.co.uk/assets/...s/RCS4046C.PDF

(apparently the RCS-4450C is the same as the RCS4046 for that kind of spare).

53 518458001 OIL PUMP WORM ASSY £3.02

This is the correct part, but is now obsolete and not available.

They told me to call TTI on 01628 894400 (opt 2 opt 1)

They called me back and said that it had been replaced by 5131000546

But Ryobispares says this turns out to be a primer pump.

Apparently Ryobi and Homelite are the same company, but if I go to the Homelite website, if points me to http://hcpi.arinet.com/scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF for spares.

Under chainsaws, there are the following (electric ones edited out)

P541 Chain Saw
P542 Chain Saw
P545 Chain Saw
RY10519 46cc Chain Saw
RY10519A 46cc Chain Saw
RY10521 46cc Chain Saw
RY10521A 46cc Chain Saw
RY10532 18 in. 40cc Chain Saw
RY40502 Chain Saw
RY43006 18 in. Chain Saw
RY74003D 33cc - 14 in. Chain Saw
RY74005D 38cc - 16 in. Chain Saw
RY74007D 45cc - 18 in. Chain Saw

Can't see a match there, either.

Screwfix Customer Services on 0500 41 41 41 recommended http://www.gr8spares.co.uk/ which says:

"If you require assistance you can reach us on 0113 385 1131 Monday - Friday 9am till noon."

In the likely event they can't help either tomorrow, what's my next move before trying to find a second hand identical mode on ebay to strip, without even knowing whether it'll work either?

Any other supplier suggestions? I'm drawing a blank.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/03/2015 21:35, Brian Gaff wrote:
I find it hard to believe the world has so many different chain saws!
Brian

There is a chain saw museum in Prince Rupert. where I learnt that Stihl
were the market leader until WW2.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

lardconcepts wrote:
[...]

Put the risk onto someone else. Buy a replacement working saw (with
available spares) and break yours for spares selling on ebay as they are
obviously rare?