Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Totally OT Macbeth

Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Try here
http://www.touchstone.bham.ac.uk/per...oductions.html

Scroll down to find the Scottish play.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Try here
http://www.touchstone.bham.ac.uk/per...oductions.html

Scroll down to find the Scottish play.

One link there looks OK.

http://www.cambridgeshakespeare.com/programme/macbeth/

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/15 19:21, ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
On 22/03/15 19:21, ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear" and
which are adaptations.

I tried that Google search before posting here. Great minds etc:-)

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish) to me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
On 22/03/15 19:21, ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.

I tried that Google search before posting here. Great minds etc:-)

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish) to
me.

I had no idea that you were such a cultured person.
You always came across as being similar to myself. Rough, uncouth and
vulgar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 8:36:27 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
On 22/03/15 19:21, ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.

I tried that Google search before posting here. Great minds etc:-)

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish) to
me.

I had no idea that you were such a cultured person.
You always came across as being similar to myself. Rough, uncouth and
vulgar.

Why would that prevent Adam from being interested in Macbeth? Who do you think went to see the plays wot Shakespeare wrote in the first place? There's plenty in them to appeal to the rough, uncouth and vulgar in us all...

Desmond Olivier Dingle

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/15 21:03, jkn wrote:

Why would that prevent Adam from being interested in Macbeth? Who do
you think went to see the plays wot Shakespeare wrote in the first
place? There's plenty in them to appeal to the rough, uncouth and
vulgar in us all...

"And Pistol's cock is up!"

Henry V.

Yes, I did it for O Level English Lit. George Paxton - brilliant teacher
- spent the entire first lesson explaining the dodgy jokes (many are
less obvious in modern day English than that one).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
On 22/03/15 19:21, ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.

I tried that Google search before posting here. Great minds etc:-)

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish) to
me.

I had no idea that you were such a cultured person.
You always came across as being similar to myself. Rough, uncouth and
vulgar.

Similar - but with big differences. I do not spend my time regassing
fridges - that is a task best left to the monkeys.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news On 22/03/15 19:21, ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of
Macbeth?

Google has failed me on this one.

Not the Globe in London anytime soon, unless you want it in
Cantonese...

"macbeth tickets 2015"

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.

I tried that Google search before posting here. Great minds etc:-)

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish) to
me.

I had no idea that you were such a cultured person.
You always came across as being similar to myself. Rough, uncouth and
vulgar.

Similar - but with big differences. I do not spend my time regassing
fridges - that is a task best left to the monkeys.

I left that trade 16 years ago Adam, please keep up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of
Macbeth?

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish)
to me.

Traditional and local suggests to me amateur is your best bet - and very
possibly a school play at that (if schools these days allow anyone other
than staff, vetted volunteers and parents/guardians to attend *and*
allow talk of witchcraft - which can be a "sensitive topic" for
multiculturalism).

If this is the result of the lad being involved in Shakespeare Week last
week might a second-best way to maintain his interest be a DVD? There's
a traditional BBC production - low budget "film of a play" production
from 1983 which I didn't like but might be better than nothing. Or if a
contemporary might work 'er indoors rated highly the production with
Patrick Stweart. Either or both may well be available on loan from your
public library. But do please be careful as I am told the BBC one at
least is available in the commonly used, unlawful, DIY way
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Robin" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of
Macbeth?

An amateur performance would be fine but would need to be local(ish)
to me.

Traditional and local suggests to me amateur is your best bet - and very
possibly a school play at that (if schools these days allow anyone other
than staff, vetted volunteers and parents/guardians to attend *and* allow
talk of witchcraft - which can be a "sensitive topic" for
multiculturalism).

If this is the result of the lad being involved in Shakespeare Week last
week might a second-best way to maintain his interest be a DVD?

Looking for a Birthday present for my Mum:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/03/2015 18:04, ARW wrote:

Looking for a Birthday present for my Mum:-)

Question is is she an obsessive handwasher or does she have two mates
she would want to bring along?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Looking for a Birthday present for my Mum:-)

Well if all else fails you could always sit her down with a bag of
crisps in front of the computer with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQk4Y6Q69u8

The RSC are touring at the moment but with the comedies rather than the
tragedies, and I've not seen them.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:52:57 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.

As opposed to the adaptations where the characters are all played by
lesbians, for example?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/15 22:47, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:52:57 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

turns up a few - but it's hard to tell which are "straight Shakespear"
and which are adaptations.

As opposed to the adaptations where the characters are all played by
lesbians, for example?

I was thinking the ones where they do it in contemporary english - or
even reboot the whole thing into a modern setting.

Other languages are fair enough, but it must be a bugger to keep the
iambic pentameter or whatever other style was used, going in say Cantonese!

But I expect a lezza version of Romeo and Juliet has been done by
someone somewhere.

Totally OT newshound UK diy 1 August 22nd 13 10:13 PM
Totally totally. totally OT. Not safe for kids to view. ARWadsworth UK diy 24 June 1st 12 12:34 PM
OT mostly, but not totally Leon Woodworking 20 January 27th 09 11:22 PM
O.T. (totally, but don't know who else to ask!) Limey Lurker Woodworking 16 September 29th 05 08:14 PM
Not totally OT John UK diy 5 July 17th 03 10:23 PM