Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toasters

wrote in message
On Friday, 20 February 2015 18:30:54 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
A bit like wash-marks on laundry
Fingerprint recognition would store your personal settings for the next
day, so all you'd have to do would be scan and swipe for each slice.

Makes a lot more sense to have each slice with an RFID
and have the user's ID bar coded on their forehead.

I'm not sure RFIDs that can withstand the
temperature inside a toaster are available,

They are.

and I'm even less sure that I'd want to eat them if they were.

Wota wimp.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
F Murtz wrote
Rod Speed wrote
F Murtz wrote
Davey wrote
Chris J Dixon wrote

and have high enough lift to remove teacakes
and similar small items without having to use tongs.

I reckon there is a market for something like a thin version of the
chip shop frying basket, so that these items can be hung in place
and then retrieved. At the moment, I use the 'eject and spear while
in flight' method.

I will watch this thread with interest.

I have a toaster which has elements with spiral elements in quartz
tubes, you can stick metal things in with a fair degree of safety to
grab the toast.

How evenly does it toast the toast ?

Fairly even

How many of those elements does it have ?

Not many, only one each on the outsides and two on each side of
centre,seem odd but it works, don't know if the single ones are
different wattage.

but it toasts fairly quickly and you end up with outside toasted with
a very soft centre

When I was a kid I used to call that toast with bread in the middle and
it was my preferred toast. Achieved by having the slices as thick as
would still go in the toaster.
I still do my toast that way, but it only ends up with
bread in the middle when I put very thick frozen bread
in the toaster and I only do that when I have to use the
single very thick slice of bread I keep in the freezer for
when I manage to end up with no fresh bread to toast.
It does have a setting to slow it down (on off on off etc)
It has settings,bagel,frozen,crisp etc.

It came from Aldi three or four years ago,I bought two on special when
they did not sell at the high price they wanted.

Unfortunately my Aldi is 2 hours/$50 away.

They have not had them again they were fairly expensive at the tine,much
dearer than the ordinary one, I got them when they dramatically reduced
them to get rid of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 21 February 2015 00:02:43 UTC, Chris French wrote:
Maybe a loaf could be baked with the pattern of a barcode or QR code
through it (like a stick of rock).

What would be useful is if ready meals had a QR code on the film top, and a scanner in the roof of the microwave.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 12:12:42 PM UTC, wrote:
On Saturday, 21 February 2015 00:02:43 UTC, Chris French wrote:
Maybe a loaf could be baked with the pattern of a barcode or QR code
through it (like a stick of rock).

What would be useful is if ready meals had a QR code on the film top, and a scanner in the roof of the microwave.

Owain

But the nuke would then follow the instructions, which the user would soon discover to be destructions

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 22 February 2015 08:21:27 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Naturally, in a group of engineers, a certain amount of
experimentation occurred by mismatching widgets, or double
exposure. I don't think the results were pretty.

Neither was my lasagne and curry noodles last night.

I suppose once you had a reusable widget you had access to a free microwave.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2015 10:25, F Murtz wrote:
Davey wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:07:59 +0000
Chris J Dixon wrote:

and have high enough lift to remove teacakes
and similar small items without having to use tongs.

I reckon there is a market for something like a thin version of the
chip shop frying basket, so that these items can be hung in place and
then retrieved. At the moment, I use the 'eject and spear while in
flight' method.
I will watch this thread with interest.

I have a toaster which has elements with spiral elements in quartz
tubes, you can stick metal things in with a fair degree of safety to
grab the toast.

what make is that, I looked everywhere for one of those.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

critcher wrote in news:mcd1sg$bfl$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

Chris J Dixon wrote:

and have high enough lift to remove teacakes
and similar small items without having to use tongs.

I reckon there is a market for something like a thin version of the
chip shop frying basket, so that these items can be hung in place and
then retrieved. At the moment, I use the 'eject and spear while in
flight' method.
I will watch this thread with interest.

I have a toaster which has elements with spiral elements in quartz
tubes, you can stick metal things in with a fair degree of safety to
grab the toast.

what make is that, I looked everywhere for one of those.

---

Aren't they a bit dependant upon a decent and clean reflector behind the
tubular elements?

Toasters Gordon Henderson UK diy 110 November 7th 11 09:05 AM
Toasters Graham. UK diy 2 April 28th 11 11:09 AM