Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Oh Dear Oh Dear - today the apprentice said

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 9:06:23 PM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 06/02/15 19:46, ARW wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Given the hassles you seem to be constantly having with apprentices,
I do wonder what the selection process is like?

Or maybe we only get to hear about the worst of them.

Let the truth be spoken.

Why mention the ones that turn up to work on time, crack on with their
job, pass their exams and have a good life? The same ones you have a
laugh with and that you enjoy working with.

I've had some **** boring jobs - working in the JobCentre as an Admin
Officer was one.

I noticed that one thing gets basic respect:

Just getting on with it and doing whatever you had to do, well.
Primarily what you do well gets the whole team management related
praise, and if you do your job, you do not cause extra work for someone
else. People appreciate basic stuff like that.

Oddly, I also got a "mark" of respect off another bloke my age just for
polishing my shoes. People notice odd stuff!

The other thing I noticed is that: if your turn up early for work for a
year, you can doss like a ******* for the next year and people still
think your are solid. However that's probably not a life lesson Adam's
apprentices should learn!

Yes, "Get a name for rising early and you can lie in bed all day" as the saying goes.