Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Arrone thumb turn: removing?

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

TIA

Allan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Allan wrote:

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn

No allen grub-screw in there?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Allan" wrote in message

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole on
one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

if you look closely at that picture, there's two big screw holes, which will
be hiding behind the chrome cover on either side.

These normally unscrew, that is, the entire chrome cover unscrews and they
show the woodscrews holding everything to the door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message

"Allan" wrote in message

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

if you look closely at that picture, there's two big screw holes, which
will be hiding behind the chrome cover on either side.

These normally unscrew, that is, the entire chrome cover unscrews and they
show the woodscrews holding everything to the door.

In this edited pic, 'A' screws onto 'B'
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=117h...8#.VKru8WOu2Rw

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 19:50:03 +0000, Allan wrote:

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...ries/fortessa-

wc-thumb-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

Is there a tiny Allen screw deep inside that hole?

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 January 2015 19:50:08 UTC, Allan wrote:
I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

TIA

Allan

Phil L is correct, but you'll have to remove the grub screw as well, to allow the thumb turn to be removed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mr
Fuxit wrote:
On Monday, 5 January 2015 19:50:08 UTC, Allan wrote:
I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on
it) thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help,
and there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal.
Can anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

TIA

Allan

Phil L is correct, but you'll have to remove the grub screw as well, to
allow the thumb turn to be removed.

to do that you will probably need a very small allen key.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2015 19:50, Allan wrote:

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

TIA

Allan

Thanks for all the pointers: I'll give it a go.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2015 19:50, Allan wrote:

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

TIA

Allan

Sorted: No grub screw, but the outer circular plate/cover came off with
a twist (not threaded) and exposed screws

Thanks for the help & advice.

Thumb locks Bill UK diy 9 December 15th 09 08:59 PM
Hammer and thumb phenomenon Martin Pentreath UK diy 0 July 13th 09 10:48 AM
Rules of Thumb Bobthepenguy Woodworking 21 January 26th 08 12:33 PM
Converting interior mortise lock from skelaton key to thumb turn blueman Home Repair 2 September 21st 06 07:11 PM
Hydraulics for backhoe thumb question Eric R Snow Metalworking 13 January 28th 05 10:21 PM