Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default Arrone thumb turn: removing?

"Phil L" wrote in message

"Allan" wrote in message

I'd like to remove what looks like an Arrone (it's what's stamped on it)
thumb turn from the bathroom door

It looks something similar to:
http://www.kensyard.co.uk/products/f...b-turn-chrome/

I can't see how to remove it. There appears to be a tiny threaded hole
on one side of the thumb turn, but I can't see how that might help, and
there's nothing else that seems to suggest it might help removal. Can
anyone provide any pointers to removing it?

if you look closely at that picture, there's two big screw holes, which
will be hiding behind the chrome cover on either side.

These normally unscrew, that is, the entire chrome cover unscrews and they
show the woodscrews holding everything to the door.

+1