Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fun and games in the workshop

Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

(the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and
probably full of typos!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

I'm totally impressed.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02 Jan 2015, Bill Wright grunted:

John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

I'm totally impressed.

+1

AND I've learned a new word: "spelch"!

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/01/2015 01:01, John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

(the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and
probably full of typos!)

Impressive handiwork. But in the top photo looks to me like the white
king & queen are swapped - either that or he is wearing a dress!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
On 2015-01-02, John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

Colour me impressed!

Me too!

Perhaps your next version could avoid the overhanging board edge and
fold so that SWMBO can tuck it into a suitable bookshelf:-)

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
Rumm writes
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

(the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and
probably full of typos!)

A beautiful job John, I particularly like that you have left enough
thickness in the deck to allow it to be re-surfaced when it wears :-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/01/2015 09:53, Martin Brown wrote:
On 02/01/2015 01:01, John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

(the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and
probably full of typos!)

Impressive handiwork. But in the top photo looks to me like the white
king & queen are swapped - either that or he is wearing a dress!

I thought it would look better if I slapped the pieces on their for the
photo... it was only later I wondered if I had set them out correctly!
That kind of answers the question.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
On 2015-01-02, John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

Colour me impressed!

Me too!

Perhaps your next version could avoid the overhanging board edge and
fold so that SWMBO can tuck it into a suitable bookshelf:-)

I try to deliberately make the book shelves narrow enough that SWMBO
can't add "clutter" in front of the books... that ought to work for
chess boards as well (especially 19" square ones) ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

o.uk...
On 2015-01-02, John Rumm wrote:
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I
would try something a bit more dainty...

How I got on:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Chess_Board

Colour me impressed!

Me too!

Perhaps your next version could avoid the overhanging board edge and
fold so that SWMBO can tuck it into a suitable bookshelf:-)

I try to deliberately make the book shelves narrow enough that SWMBO can't
add "clutter" in front of the books... that ought to work for chess boards
as well (especially 19" square ones) ;-)

You can try but she will always win:-)

--
Adam

OT The Olympic Games Mr Pounder[_2_] UK diy 261 July 26th 12 01:00 AM
nokia games jameskk Home Ownership 0 August 4th 09 05:16 PM
games ....games...games...games.. [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 8th 08 09:38 AM
which tv for my games? freestonew Electronics Repair 6 December 16th 05 02:17 AM
Workshop Temperature/Workshop Heat Unquestionably Confused Woodworking 1 February 20th 05 06:34 PM