Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing GU10 lamp

Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Malcolm

Angle grinder, polite enough?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing in
with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is a low
energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers only
please)?

Don't push the bloody thing in. There is not a spring. Just use the sucker
tool and turn to the left. You may have to jiggle a bit.

They are horrid things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2014 13:06, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing in
with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is a low
energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers only
please)?

Don't push the bloody thing in. There is not a spring. Just use the sucker
tool and turn to the left. You may have to jiggle a bit.

They are horrid things.

Probably invented down South....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 20/12/2014 13:06, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in
with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is a
low
energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers only
please)?

Don't push the bloody thing in. There is not a spring. Just use the
sucker
tool and turn to the left. You may have to jiggle a bit.

They are horrid things.

Probably invented down South....

Probably ............

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

If his light fitting is like mine, you can't get your fingers round the
lamp.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

Superglue a plastic clothes peg across the surface or a similar object,
then just turn the peg.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

Superglue a plastic clothes peg across the surface or a similar object,
then just turn the peg.

The sucker tool supplied with the light fitting actually works very well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, December 19, 2014 11:14:57 PM UTC, Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Malcolm

Hammer , pair of pliers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

If his light fitting is like mine, you can't get your fingers round the
lamp.

Remove them from your arse first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried
pushing in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise.
The lamp is a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I
have(polite answers only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

If his light fitting is like mine, you can't get your fingers round the
lamp.

You don't need to - just press on the face and turn. The rubber gloves
increase the friction between glass and fingers.

--
*Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried
pushing in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise.
The lamp is a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I
have(polite answers only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

If his light fitting is like mine, you can't get your fingers round the
lamp.

You don't need to - just press on the face and turn. The rubber gloves
increase the friction between glass and fingers.

This does not always work, trust me :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 16:05:15 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

This is the best method. I've used it since first encountering it on here. (Probably by yourself)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 18:07:49 UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message
In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

Superglue a plastic clothes peg across the surface or a similar object,
then just turn the peg.

The sucker tool supplied with the light fitting actually works very well.

IME its not worth the full of your a**e of roasted snow. Mr Plowmans suggestion always works for me. The sucker tool is, I think, named after those who try to use it. YMMV
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
On Saturday, 20 December 2014 18:07:49 UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message
In article ,
Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried
pushing
in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise. The lamp
is
a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I have(polite answers
only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

Superglue a plastic clothes peg across the surface or a similar object,
then just turn the peg.

The sucker tool supplied with the light fitting actually works very well.

IME its not worth the full of your a**e of roasted snow. Mr Plowmans
suggestion always works for me. The sucker tool is, I think, named after
those who try to use it. YMMV

How very odd that the tool works.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm Race wrote:
Seems like a silly question but how do I do this? I have tried
pushing in with the sucker removal tool and turning anticlockwise.
The lamp is a low energy (Megaman?). What alternatives do I
have(polite answers only please)?

Trouble turning it? Have you tried rubber gloves?

If his light fitting is like mine, you can't get your fingers round the
lamp.

You don't need to - just press on the face and turn. The rubber gloves
increase the friction between glass and fingers.

This does not always work, trust me :-(

Might help to clean the gloves if they're new.
I've a pair of the rubber strap things - most useful for tap shrouds - and
was having trouble, er, getting a grip. Cleaned off the mold release and
then no problem.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Heard of silicone grease being used on GES lamp sockets outdoors, but GU10 Twist And Lock , TAL as it was when it came out, is just a crap socket.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/silicone.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
PeterC wrote:
You don't need to - just press on the face and turn. The rubber gloves
increase the friction between glass and fingers.

This does not always work, trust me :-(

Might help to clean the gloves if they're new.

And the bulb is clean. Old bulbs might well have a coating of something
slippery. Even just dust.

--
*Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:56:30 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
PeterC wrote:
You don't need to - just press on the face and turn. The rubber gloves
increase the friction between glass and fingers.

This does not always work, trust me :-(

Might help to clean the gloves if they're new.

And the bulb is clean. Old bulbs might well have a coating of something
slippery. Even just dust.

Certainly will in a kitchen, especially if ghee has been used.
I had to clean a ghee-coated kitchen once - didn't know about AGs then!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Change lamp lamp from 100volts to 240 volts john east UK diy 18 January 4th 12 09:38 PM
LED lamp sellers with 'equivalent' ordinary lamp wattages - anywhere? [email protected] UK diy 23 November 30th 10 12:09 PM
Removing GU10 lamps John UK diy 4 March 31st 09 03:46 PM
Removing recessed GU10 bulbs John UK diy 2 March 7th 09 12:59 PM
LED,LED Lamp,LED Lights,LED Display,Automotive Lamp,LED Chip,LED Module [email protected] Electronics 0 December 4th 05 11:08 AM