Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing recessed GU10 bulbs

Update - I used some of that rubberised mesh that I once put on the car dash
to prevent things sliding around. Wrapped over my fingers it gave the grip
needed to apply the twist to unlock the bulb.

However, I found the replacement had 8 small lugs moulded into the glass to
aid gripping and twisting -- the bulbs are GE "Start"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:21:25 -0000, "John"
wrote:

Update - I used some of that rubberised mesh that I once put on the car dash
to prevent things sliding around. Wrapped over my fingers it gave the grip
needed to apply the twist to unlock the bulb.

However, I found the replacement had 8 small lugs moulded into the glass to
aid gripping and twisting -- the bulbs are GE "Start"

I think you can get rubber suckers to assist in removing the ones with
flush faces .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Update - I used some of that rubberised mesh that I once put on the car
dash
to prevent things sliding around. Wrapped over my fingers it gave the grip
needed to apply the twist to unlock the bulb.

However, I found the replacement had 8 small lugs moulded into the glass
aid gripping and twisting -- the bulbs are GE "Start"

I think you can get rubber suckers to assist in removing the ones with
flush faces .

The suckers don't grip enough to cope with the twist in my limited
experience - great for the 12 volt bulbs that just pull out though.

What are GU10 Bulbs Geoff Lane UK diy 10 February 16th 09 02:34 PM
B&Q LED GU10 bulbs Stephen Barnes[_2_] UK diy 18 October 31st 08 10:59 AM
B&Q LED GU10 bulbs Stephen Barnes[_2_] UK diy 0 October 25th 08 11:13 AM
B&Q LED GU10 bulbs Stephen Barnes[_2_] UK diy 0 October 25th 08 11:13 AM
GU10 Bulbs SantaUK UK diy 4 September 24th 06 07:18 PM