Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default GU10 Bulbs

I am looking for the equivalent of a 50w GU10 bulb to fit into some
downlighters that are a lot cooler than the usual halogen one's. Can anyone
tell me where to get anything like these?

--
Regards

M Millar

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SantaUK wrote:

I am looking for the equivalent of a 50w GU10 bulb to fit into some
downlighters that are a lot cooler than the usual halogen one's. Can anyone
tell me where to get anything like these?

--
Regards

M Millar

Santa

I just posted an article on GU10s about thirty minutes before you. If
these work in the UK it may be worth looking at the seller shouji_hk or
william6.trade on Ebay.

Purist

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Purist wrote:

SantaUK wrote:

I am looking for the equivalent of a 50w GU10 bulb to fit into some
downlighters that are a lot cooler than the usual halogen one's. Can anyone
tell me where to get anything like these?

--
Regards

M Millar

Santa

I just posted an article on GU10s about thirty minutes before you. If
these work in the UK it may be worth looking at the seller shouji_hk or
william6.trade on Ebay.

Purist

It seems the LED ones aren't too good. Somone has recommended GU10
compact fluorescents instead. Google it.

Purist

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:53:10 +0100 someone who may be "SantaUK"
wrote this:-

I am looking for the equivalent of a 50w GU10 bulb to fit into some
downlighters that are a lot cooler than the usual halogen one's. Can anyone
tell me where to get anything like these?

Rip the things out. If someone really wants downlighters then fit
those which will take compact fluorescent reflector bulbs.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , SantaUK
writes
I am looking for the equivalent of a 50w GU10 bulb to fit into some
downlighters that are a lot cooler than the usual halogen one's. Can anyone
tell me where to get anything like these?

Search for Megaman lamps - they make fluorescent equivalents to GU10.
I've just fitted some in the kitchen.

Good and bright with a wide, even pattern. BUT, big BUT, they do take a
couple of minutes to warm up, and initial light output for the first 30
or seconds is VERY low, like 5-10%. OK for areas that are on
continuously, but not where you need instant light.

http://www.bltdirect.com/products.ph...ing+GU10+Lamps

--
steve