Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.legal

Default Man backs down in internet argument

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/12/0...rnet-argument/

--
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc

Uncle Peter wrote:
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/12/0...rnet-argument/

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

No the guy with an arts degree gets a job at the BBC as an expert on
global warming.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 21:28:20 -0000, Bill Wright wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/12/0...rnet-argument/

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

No the guy with an arts degree gets a job at the BBC as an expert on
global warming.

Indeed. Which is why we can't use carrier bags anymore. I'm just waiting for a bouncer at Asda to tell me I can't walk out the shop carrying unbagged items.

--
"I was walking down fifth avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a hundred and fifty dollars, how would I feel? And I realized I would want to be taught a lesson."
-- Emo Philips

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc

Uncle Peter wrote:
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/12/0...rnet-argument/

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

No the guy with an arts degree gets a job at the BBC as an expert on
global warming.

Indeed. Which is why we can't use carrier bags anymore. I'm just
waiting for a bouncer at Asda to tell me I can't walk out the shop
carrying unbagged items.

Arts graduates don't make good bouncers

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message news
I'm just waiting for a bouncer at Asda to tell me I can't walk out the shop carrying
unbagged items.

Has your local Asda got the wire mesh over the windows as well ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.misc

On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:30:33 -0000, michael adams wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message news
I'm just waiting for a bouncer at Asda to tell me I can't walk out the shop carrying
unbagged items.

Has your local Asda got the wire mesh over the windows as well ?

Dunno.

--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.