Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Firefox Verified by Visa stopped working

Has Firefox updated. Assuming its like the windows version, often add ons
that will no longer run are disabled. Also quite a few seem to be flagged
in the add on manager as never activate or ask, all these can be toggled.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"mike" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest where to start looking for a solution to this problem?
Googling hasn't turned up any recent problems and I've tried the suggested
fixes with no luck.

Trying to purchase from various websites using Firefox, the Verified by
Visa window appears but is blank, effectively halting the process.

Firefox 33.1
Mac OS X Yosemite

AdBlock turned off. No other add-ons.
Set to Accept Cookies and Accept 3rd Party Cookies.

The purchase can be completed using Safari but I have a relative who
prefers Firefox.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

[snip]

Sorry, I'm replying to the earlier post; I don't seem to have seen it.

"mike" wrote in message

Trying to purchase from various websites using Firefox, the Verified by
Visa window appears but is blank, effectively halting the process.

What do you mean by blank? I've been registered with VbyV for years but I
can't remember when I last actually had to fill in any details. When a
transaction that has a VbyV step in it occurs, I see the VbyV page with the
central box where the VbyV dialog would appear, if it was going to, and then
the screen clears and I get the usual transaction-confirmed screen from the
vendor.

This is normal, if the card-issuing organisation has decided that the
transaction using your card doesn't need to be subjected to the VbyV
process.

(Long ago I rang Visa International up and asked about this, because I
wondered if not seeing the VbyV dialog meant there was something wrong with
my browser.)

I can't say why a transaction won't complete, though.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 11:19:01 PM UTC, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

What do you mean by blank? I've been registered with VbyV for years but I
can't remember when I last actually had to fill in any details. When a
transaction that has a VbyV step in it occurs, I see the VbyV page with the
central box where the VbyV dialog would appear, if it was going to, and then
the screen clears and I get the usual transaction-confirmed screen from the
vendor.

This is normal, if the card-issuing organisation has decided that the
transaction using your card doesn't need to be subjected to the VbyV
process.

By blank, I mean the box where VbV should appear does appear but there's nothing in it. And it then just sits there. Doesn't disappear, doesn't bounce you back.

As I said last night, a couple of transactions have gone through and it seems that these threw up a timer/ countdown rotor /whatever which obviously made the connection to Visa, decided it didn't need to do the verify step and put the order through although, like the times when nothing at all happened, and empty box then sat there given the impression the transaction hadn't worked.