Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT Gardening Chris Hog

I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I can't
see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I missing
something?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2014 14:12, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I can't
see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I missing
something?

Not available up north due to there being no summer to speak of
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 30/11/2014 14:12, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back
garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I
can't
see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I
missing
something?

Not available up north due to there being no summer to speak of

I know where I'm better off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 14:12:27 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I
can't
see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I missing
something?

Yes. Summer flowering bulbs are usually available in late winter or
spring, March/April for planting April/May.

Thanks for that Chris.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I think they are seasonal certainly. What bulbs are you after?
Brian

I don't really know Brian. Just something that looks good and lasts for a
while. My gardening skills are not very good.
However, many people have admired my garden and Abdul from the shop up the
road said "It is de best in de street"
I'd love some plants that are irresistible and highly toxic to cats.

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message
I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I
can't see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I
missing something?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2014 14:46, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I think they are seasonal certainly. What bulbs are you after?
Brian

I don't really know Brian. Just something that looks good and lasts for a
while. My gardening skills are not very good.
However, many people have admired my garden and Abdul from the shop up the
road said "It is de best in de street"
I'd love some plants that are irresistible and highly toxic to cats.

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message
I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I
can't see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I
missing something?

The garden centres are practically giving bulbs away to make room for
Xmas tripe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2014 14:46, Mr Pounder wrote:
I'd love some plants that are irresistible and highly toxic to cats.

Ah - plants that produce substances that need to be broken down by
UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase should do.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I think they are seasonal certainly. What bulbs are you after?
Brian

I don't really know Brian. Just something that looks good and lasts for a
while. My gardening skills are not very good.
However, many people have admired my garden and Abdul from the shop up
the
road said "It is de best in de street"
I'd love some plants that are irresistible and highly toxic to cats.

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message
I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back
garden
as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite
being
supported by canes.
I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I
can't see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops.
Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I
missing something?

The garden centres are practically giving bulbs away to make room for Xmas
tripe.

Chris says the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet.
Expert gardeners such as myself do not use rip off garden centers, we pick
up the bulbs when dragged out shopping.
And we mark the empty packets with the date the bulbs are planted and where
they are planted. Then, we lose the packets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 18:46:51 +0000, stuart noble
wrote:

The garden centres are practically giving bulbs away to make room for
Xmas tripe.

It's probably safer than Poultry.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/494146

--
Rod

OT Gardening Chris Hogg Mr Pounder[_2_] UK diy 7 October 3rd 14 08:37 PM
Chris reviews three cell mag light Stormin Mormon[_7_] Home Repair 34 November 11th 12 08:07 PM
Chris Lee sam[_12_] Woodworking 4 February 11th 11 05:10 AM
Chris French, is that you on the telly ? raden UK diy 3 September 11th 07 11:18 AM
Kudos to Chris Schwarz John Grossbohlin Woodworking 0 July 18th 07 02:50 AM