Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch Boiler ECO mode

Does anybody know as I have this on my Bosch and have now turned it
off.The hot water now comes through much faster,but can't comment on
energy usage.

In article , Judith
wrote:

Does it really make much difference to energy used?
It is a pain having to wait longer for the hot water to come through.
I bet the saving is minimal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lyon wrote:

Does anybody know as I have this on my Bosch and have now turned it
off.The hot water now comes through much faster,but can't comment on
energy usage.

I haven't made any actual comparison of gas used with and without ECO mode
but after we had a new Bosch Greenstar boiler installed I tried turning off
ECO mode in order to keep a small quantity of water pre-heated in the
boiler, this results in the boiler firing up for a few seconds every 20
minutes. I felt that the extra gas used was small compared to the total
heating and HW usage and probably worthwhile for the convenience of getting
hot water at the tap sooner. If you're in the house all day then the extra
gas isn't entirely wasted because some of it will be offset by a slightly
shorter burn time when you draw hot water. I usually try to remember to
switch back to ECO mode if we're going to be out of the house for a
prolonged period.

As a rough guide typical gas consumption in the summer is about 7 KWh per
day for all hot water (including 1 bath and 1 shower per day) and cooking on
a gas hob. That compares to the cost of running a 3KW immersion heater for a
bit over 2 hours per day.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Mike Clarke
escribió:

I haven't made any actual comparison of gas used with and without ECO mode
but after we had a new Bosch Greenstar boiler installed I tried turning off
ECO mode in order to keep a small quantity of water pre-heated in the
boiler

I have the same boiler (Greenstar 28i Junior) and tried Eco mode too.
Unfortunately, the boiler is at the opposite end of the house to the
bathroom and kitchen, and so any benefit derived from using Eco mode is
negated by heat loss due to the length of the pipe runs and the time
taken to get hot water from the small boiler store to the taps, so I
switched it off.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson posted
Unfortunately, the boiler is at the opposite end of the house to the
bathroom and kitchen, and so any benefit derived from using Eco mode is
negated by heat loss due to the length of the pipe runs and the time
taken to get hot water from the small boiler store to the taps,

Have you considered any possible solutions to this problem?

--
Les
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Big Les Wade
escribió:

Have you considered any possible solutions to this problem?

No, just decided to live with it. It's an old Victorian semi, designed
well before modern plumbing and heating systems.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Mike Clarke, Jono wrote:
How do we turn off the eco-button on the green star boiler thankyou

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1008305-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 27 October 2019 19:44:05 UTC, Jono wrote:
replying to Mike Clarke, Jono wrote:
How do we turn off the eco-button on the green star boiler thankyou

what does the manual say?