Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default Worcester Bosch boiler *update*

Colin Wilson wrote:
Engineer called out yesterday per my previous post.

Its f*cked again this morning.

symptoms ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Colin Wilson wrote:
Engineer called out yesterday per my previous post.

Its f*cked again this morning.

Mine's a 28CDI and also a bag of ****e, it's never been right since it was
installed five years ago...it works perfect for hot water during summer when
the CH is off, in winter it's forever cutting out, usually when the HW tap
is run, the red light flashes continuously and it has to be reset, as far as
the timer is concerned, forget it....we called Worcester out after a year
and he replaced the heat exchanger, it was exactly the same the day after

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Engineer called out yesterday per my previous post.
Its f*cked again this morning.

Just sent them a second email...

----
SIM I have checked the call-out history for you. It doesn't appear
SIM that there's an ongoing or recurring fault given that it's almost
SIM two years ago when we first replaced the PCB and we haven't been
SIM out again until now.

I didn't suggest it was on ongoing / recurring fault, but wanted to
know what the expected lifespan for a board* should be.

*or any of your components for that matter

How many fault calls do you expect to have to make to a boiler that
has been in service for just under two years ?

Thanks
----

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Engineer called out yesterday per my previous post.
Its f*cked again this morning.

symptoms ?

Same as last time - there are only three error codes, and its showing
the generic 1 flash per second error.

I don`t really want to reset it / fire it up again in case it limits
their diagnostic attempts - the bloke had a laptop hooked up to it
last time.

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Its f*cked again this morning.
symptoms ?

....that said, it stayed fired up last night until the timer switched
it off, then wouldn`t come on with the timer again.

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:59:38 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

Mine's a 28CDI and also a bag of ****e,

Thanks for ther good news. I had one of these installed 4 weeks ago.
)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , . writes
Colin Wilson wrote:
Engineer called out yesterday per my previous post.

Its f*cked again this morning.

symptoms ?

****ed,

can't you read ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

I don`t really want to reset it / fire it up again in case it limits
their diagnostic attempts - the bloke had a laptop hooked up to it
last time.

Update #2...

Second engineer came out, went over all the settings again, reset the
low gas pressure to 1.5, replaced the transformer on the board - it
seems to be cycling on and off as it should now :-}

Also told there was no problem me resetting it as they can recover
errors via the laptop link

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

Worcester (Bosch) Greenstar HE Combi Boiler question nemo UK diy 88 June 18th 05 07:53 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Worcester Bosch 28CDi RSF Combi problem [email protected] UK diy 7 February 26th 04 07:30 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Possible problem with Worcester 28CDi boiler Andy Coleman UK diy 3 December 3rd 03 08:30 AM