Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default repairing jewellry

Hello,

SWMBO has a necklace with "pretty bits" attached and one of the links
holding one of the bits has broken. I was wondering how best to repair
this? The links are too small to easily measure their size with a
micrometer/calipers.

Could I form a replacement link using some suitable wire. Presumably I
would have to solder the ends of the wire together with lead free
solder (not used that before) as it would be in contact with the skin?

What wire is best to use? Should I use something silver plated, again
so it does not irritate the skin? What diameter wire is best; it needs
to be small enough to be discrete but strong enough not to break
again?

I guess when I think of wire I think of copper but as it is not for
current carrying, perhaps I should be looking at something else that
would be stronger?

Thanks.

Repairing a set top box. moo Electronics Repair 6 September 13th 12 03:06 AM
May be OT ~ anyone know a jewellry maker? Nick UK diy 6 May 6th 10 09:04 AM
Need help repairing TV [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 June 13th 06 08:14 AM
FRS repairing. user Electronics Repair 4 August 27th 04 02:06 AM
Repairing a CD RW Jose Capco Electronics Repair 3 August 12th 04 05:34 PM