Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need help repairing TV

I want to try to repair my old TV myself, there is just a few blown
parts in the SMPS section. It's a Zenith that doesn't want to turn on;
there is no voltage on the primary or secondary side on the xformer at
all. I know very little about electronics, so i'm reading up about TV
repair on the internet the best I can. The TV repair guy in my town was
going to charge me $270 for a complete repair plus wait a month or two
for it; NO WAY. If I can't then the TV is heading for the dumpster. The
CRT should is fine.

I found this main board:
http://www.newcountryenterprises.com/rca.htm

Could I take parts from the power supply section and transfer them over
to my board? From the looks of the pic and the corresponding part list
on the left of the pic; it seems like the same SMPS build. I'm guessing
it is the STR-53041 or the driver transistor (QX4301) is fried, if it
is more than that, at least I have more parts to take from this cheap
board. I can't find anything about this board I want to buy
(9-01616-01) would anyone here know where I can find more info about it
or a schematic? It's worth a shot. Thanks in advance

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Papa_J

The replacement board may be NLA, check at L/G.com for availabilities. L/G
own Zenith and their parts related facilities. Best bet is for you to find a
service manual, from L/G or SAMS Photofact. May be able to find one at the
local library or online. The service manual and schematics will indicate
part references and voltage measurements. Post the complete model number
back on this N/G. Also any other diagnostics that you have done. A great
group of informed personnel will assist you as much as possible via this
means.
Also check out wa6ati.com for additional assistance. This is a site ran by
service technicians and is extremely informative.
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Prophelactic

"Papa_J" wrote in message
. ..
The replacement board may be NLA, check at L/G.com for availabilities. L/G
own Zenith and their parts related facilities. Best bet is for you to find
a service manual, from L/G or SAMS Photofact. May be able to find one at
the local library or online. The service manual and schematics will
indicate part references and voltage measurements. Post the complete model
number back on this N/G. Also any other diagnostics that you have done. A
great group of informed personnel will assist you as much as possible via
this means.
Also check out wa6ati.com for additional assistance. This is a site ran by
service technicians and is extremely informative.
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If this guy knows **** ALL about electronics, then how the **** is he going
to safely diagnose and repair a fault on a SMPS.

**** HIM OFF!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

No need to throw out your Teddy ...Yikes

If this guy knows **** ALL about electronics, then how the **** is he
going to safely diagnose and repair a fault on a SMPS.

**** HIM OFF!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Prophelactic wrote:
If this guy knows **** ALL about electronics, then how the **** is he going
to safely diagnose and repair a fault on a SMPS.

**** HIM OFF!

Was it something I said????

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I think some of the rudest people on the internet are from the UK.

wrote:

Prophelactic wrote:

Was it something I said????

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Sorry to say, they're are also on this bloody side of the pond, deal with a
lot of them on a daily basis. Again, post any other diagnostics you have
been able to do and we shall attemp assisting.
"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message
I think some of the rudest people on the internet are from the UK.

wrote:

Prophelactic wrote:

Was it something I said????

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message
I think some of the rudest people on the internet are from the UK.

Two of them come from Australia - and one of those top posts all the
time!!!!!