Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Prophelactic

Default Need help repairing TV

"Papa_J" wrote in message
. ..
The replacement board may be NLA, check at L/G.com for availabilities. L/G
own Zenith and their parts related facilities. Best bet is for you to find
a service manual, from L/G or SAMS Photofact. May be able to find one at
the local library or online. The service manual and schematics will
indicate part references and voltage measurements. Post the complete model
number back on this N/G. Also any other diagnostics that you have done. A
great group of informed personnel will assist you as much as possible via
this means.
Also check out wa6ati.com for additional assistance. This is a site ran by
service technicians and is extremely informative.
wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to try to repair my old TV myself, there is just a few blown
parts in the SMPS section. It's a Zenith that doesn't want to turn on;
there is no voltage on the primary or secondary side on the xformer at
all. I know very little about electronics, so i'm reading up about TV
repair on the internet the best I can. The TV repair guy in my town was
going to charge me $270 for a complete repair plus wait a month or two
for it; NO WAY. If I can't then the TV is heading for the dumpster. The
CRT should is fine.

I found this main board:
http://www.newcountryenterprises.com/rca.htm

Could I take parts from the power supply section and transfer them over
to my board? From the looks of the pic and the corresponding part list
on the left of the pic; it seems like the same SMPS build. I'm guessing
it is the STR-53041 or the driver transistor (QX4301) is fried, if it
is more than that, at least I have more parts to take from this cheap
board. I can't find anything about this board I want to buy
(9-01616-01) would anyone here know where I can find more info about it
or a schematic? It's worth a shot. Thanks in advance

If this guy knows **** ALL about electronics, then how the **** is he going
to safely diagnose and repair a fault on a SMPS.

**** HIM OFF!