Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CCTV Camera

I have noticed many CCTV cameras have a ring of LEDs around the lens - but
behind a front glass (Saw this on a drone which made me wonder....)
Can the LEDs be of any use given the sort of useful distance that the
camera is expected to focus on? Does having the LEDs behind the front glass
cause scatter off dust and moisture to ruin the image. Are they just a
gimmick?
(a bit like using a flash on a camera at a stadium concert - see Inverse
Square Law of Light)

CCTV camera info Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 0 September 6th 12 04:31 PM
Oudoor CCTV Camera [email protected] UK diy 12 May 17th 08 01:54 PM
How do I test a CCTV camera ??? boombangabang UK diy 7 September 14th 07 08:02 PM
CCTV camera mattyh UK diy 10 August 16th 07 07:39 PM
cctv camera web site? mrcheerful UK diy 14 January 25th 05 08:53 PM