Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY at Aldi

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

It's a sort of mini belt sander. Very useful for quick easing of things
where you're not too worried about accuracy. Like say fitting a socket box
into wood. Not a must have tool, but can be handy.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:19:07 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill
bits and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

It's a sort of mini belt sander. Very useful for quick easing of things
where you're not too worried about accuracy. Like say fitting a socket
box into wood. Not a must have tool, but can be handy.

Ah, OK. Last time I had to do that I ended up using the sander drum on
the Dremel.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

It's a sort of mini belt sander. Very useful for quick easing of things
where you're not too worried about accuracy. Like say fitting a socket box
into wood. Not a must have tool, but can be handy.

I have the B&D version of that. Very useful for easing out mortices for
door locks etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

It's a sort of mini belt sander. Very useful for quick easing of
things where you're not too worried about accuracy. Like say fitting a
socket box into wood. Not a must have tool, but can be handy.

I have the B&D version of that. Very useful for easing out mortices for
door locks etc.

Right. So it would be something you use quite a bit?

Basically, I find it handy for anything wood related across the grain
where you can't get a decent stroke with a rasp. Or are too lazy. And
don't want to risk a decent chisel.

It's the B&D one I have too.

--
*I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

It's a sort of mini belt sander. Very useful for quick easing of
things where you're not too worried about accuracy. Like say fitting a
socket box into wood. Not a must have tool, but can be handy.

I have the B&D version of that. Very useful for easing out mortices for
door locks etc.

Right. So it would be something you use quite a bit?

Not every day, it's one of those tools, like the multi master & clones,
that is a real life saver when you do need it.

Basically, I find it handy for anything wood related across the grain
where you can't get a decent stroke with a rasp. Or are too lazy. And
don't want to risk a decent chisel.

I use it a lot on newel posts when decking. Kerf out the half lap with
circular saw, clean up & adjust with B&D Powerfile.

It's the B&D one I have too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

Cheaper than the Bosch version :-)
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...tric-file-230v

(I have the Black and Decker "PowerFile" version from several design changes
back, which is more like the Aldi one.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan Braggins" wrote in message
In article , Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:20:45 +0100, F wrote:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

An electric file???

Cheaper than the Bosch version :-)
https://www.machinemart.crooks

should be blacklisted

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Oct 2014, F news@nowhere grunted:

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits
and an arc welder among others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...ay-23-october/

Will those reciprocating saw blades fit my Ryobi? Are they all generic?

--
David

DIY at Aldi F[_2_] UK diy 5 October 16th 14 08:41 PM
ALDI FYI The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 November 7th 11 05:41 PM
Aldi toy - did anyone get one ? Colin Wilson UK diy 16 October 8th 08 08:51 PM
Aldi George UK diy 25 October 14th 07 07:50 PM
Aldi Sat Nav for £150 SoWeezy UK diy 0 May 20th 06 09:57 AM