Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Have RC clocks been playing up recently?

By my bed I have an RC clock, badged by Wm. Widdop. Belonged to my late FIL
and has given years of good service.
A few days back I woke to find it was *exactly* 4 hours slow. New battery
time thinks I. Replace AA with new Duracell summatorother.
Second hand did a sweep to stop at 12 and then minute hand rotated for 16hrs
at perhaps 20x to stop at 12. And stay there.
Odd thinks I.
Took batt out and replaced. Same procedure but this time it did 16hrs to
stop at 4. Full stop. Left alone for several hours. No signs of movement.
Odd thinks I.
Took batt out and replaced. This time it did another 16hrs to stop at 8.
Left alone for 36hrs. No signs of movement.
Went through the procedure again and once more it advanced by 16hrs to stop
at 12.
One for the bin I am starting to think.
Don't have any instructions for it. The only user accessible things are
battery, alarm set knob, alarm set/off button and snooze/light button.
About an hour ago I saw that a Junghans RC clock downstairs was whizzing
around and then reset itself. Took batt out of Mr. Widdop and, blow me down,
it is now working again. Spot on.
Hence my long winded question. Any ideas please?
Nick.

OT Clocks Bill Gill Home Repair 12 November 19th 10 01:39 PM
OT Clocks Fake ID Home Repair 1 November 18th 10 03:06 PM
OT Clocks daestrom[_2_] Home Repair 0 November 17th 10 10:48 PM
OT Clocks hr(bob) [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 17th 10 02:13 AM
MSF clocks Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 17 March 30th 05 02:15 AM