Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer repair

Hi all,

I have a Wickes pressure washer (it's a rebranded Lavor I believe). It had a little accident the other day. It toppled over, and the end of the plastic water-inlet fitting sheared off. The fitting is like the lower item in this photo:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-conne...5-pieces/70310
It's screwed onto a metal thread. No problem, I thought, I'll unscrew and replace. However, it seems to have been stuck in place with some sort of resin from hell. No amount of force has loosened it, and in fact the plastic is just disintegrating.

I think the only way I'll get it off the metal thread is to destroy the plastic, which is not a problem in itself. But does anyone have any insight into why this is stuck on so securely? As the inlet it's on the low pressure side of the motor, so it doesn't need to withstand huge pressure. And if I do manage to get it off, clean up the metal thread, and screw on a replacement will it work OK?

The alternative is scrapping a £200 machine which otherwise works fine.

Cheers!

Martin