Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HDMI dropout problem

Since there were so many knowledgeable answers in the HDMI cables thread, I
thought I'd ask this here. My AV setup is as follows:

Sources: Sky+ HD, Dune media player and Panasonic DMR 85750 BluRay /HDD
receiver/recorder feeding an Onkyo TX NR-626 receiver/amp (all connections
HDMI). Then:

Onkyo - .5m HDMI cable - Darbee Dablet (image processor) - 4m HDMI
cable - JVC X35 projector

The problem is that after the gear has been on for around an hour (sometimes
more, sometimes less) I get a sudden complete loss of audio and video. It
takes maybe thirty seconds for the connection to be re-established (during
which the "HDMI" display on the amp blinks on and off) then, after less than
a minute, the signal is lost again and has to reconnect itself once more.
This double occurrence happens every time. Once re-established the second
time, everything stays fine however long the viewing session lasts.

This problem has happened before, six months ago - it started when I
replaced an earlier (Panasonic) projector with the current JVC model. It
persisted for a few weeks then simply went away: I've had months trouble
free, but now it's returned.

I've tried substituting different cables and also removing the image
processor but neither makes any difference. If anyone here has experienced
anything similar, or has any thoughts, I'd be glad to hear from you. Many
thanks.