Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default H&S Video.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0
Not everything goes to plan!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , harryagain
writes
https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0

My favourite is the Albanian lignite mine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhXEQQk8G8
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/09/2014 19:40, News wrote:
In message , harryagain
writes
https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0

I enjoyed these

My favourite is the Albanian lignite mine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhXEQQk8G8

Well, he was wearing a glove!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

News wrote:

My favourite is the Albanian lignite mine :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhXEQQk8G8

Well, he was wearing a glove!

Probably low voltage DC anyway ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 10/09/2014 07:18, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

News wrote:

My favourite is the Albanian lignite mine :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhXEQQk8G8

Well, he was wearing a glove!

Probably low voltage DC anyway ...

The comments on youtube say 40v.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

News wrote:

My favourite is the Albanian lignite mine :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhXEQQk8G8

Well, he was wearing a glove!

Probably low voltage DC anyway ...

The comments on youtube say 40v.

Still give him a nice tingle to keep him awake from the back emf when the
(very inductive) motor is disconnected

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/2014 19:23, harryagain wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0
Not everything goes to plan!

The skip loading looks like work experience in action.

Some of the accidents were remarkably inevitable, such as demolishing a
wall from the bottom up and putting a ladder up on icy ground. I'll bet
the warehouse owner wishes they had splashed out for anti-collision
posts around the racking ends too.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 08/09/2014 19:23, harryagain wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0
Not everything goes to plan!

The skip loading looks like work experience in action.

Some of the accidents were remarkably inevitable, such as demolishing a
wall from the bottom up and putting a ladder up on icy ground. I'll bet
the warehouse owner wishes they had splashed out for anti-collision posts
around the racking ends too.

I'm still wondering how you do "drive" a wheelbarrow full of stuff down a
slope, safely

I'm coming to the conclusion that the only answer is "not in a wheelbarrow"

It's not like it was a particularly steep (or long) slope

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2014 18:55, tim..... wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 08/09/2014 19:23, harryagain wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0
Not everything goes to plan!

The skip loading looks like work experience in action.

Some of the accidents were remarkably inevitable, such as demolishing
a wall from the bottom up and putting a ladder up on icy ground. I'll
bet the warehouse owner wishes they had splashed out for
anti-collision posts around the racking ends too.

I'm still wondering how you do "drive" a wheelbarrow full of stuff down
a slope, safely

I'm coming to the conclusion that the only answer is "not in a wheelbarrow"

It's not like it was a particularly steep (or long) slope

Probably the same way I take a wheelchair down a slope - backwards and
slowly. You have much more control that way and the extra weight gets
transferred to your feet, increasing your grip. If you do have to go
down wheelbarrow first, let go if it gets out of control (not advised
with wheelchairs).

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 10/09/2014 09:25, Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 08/09/2014 19:23, harryagain wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/78RrsepkQKA?rel=0
Not everything goes to plan!

The skip loading looks like work experience in action.

They are just like the local cricket team doing fielding practice.

Some of the accidents were remarkably inevitable, such as demolishing a
wall from the bottom up and putting a ladder up on icy ground. I'll bet
the warehouse owner wishes they had splashed out for anti-collision
posts around the racking ends too.

That big crane, sliding down the slope, though. I can't believe how
brave that man was overtaking it.