Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Clive Long,UK

Default "Air exchange" units

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of extraction fans that use the heat
from the outgoing air to warm the in-coming air? I read about this
approach to reduce the possibility of condensation in houses where
they were insulated and glazed tight as a drum but the lack of air
circulation with the outside was causing damp / condensation problems.

I have found a sutiable unit a CES in Whetstone London, and I only
have a one bedroom flat - but I just want to know if anyone has use
done successfully in any domestic situation?

My thinking behind fitting such a device, rather than a
conventional extractor is that any incming air would probably be
colder than the expelled air and the classic argument is the
condensation occurs at lower levels of "water saturation" when the
temperature of the air drops. Hence I want the in-coming replacement
air to be heated , if possible

Thanks

Clive