Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting into Neff oven

I've got a Neff U1442 double oven which is about 10 years old now. Last
week one of the studs/brackets which locate the shelf supports failed.
It was quite easy to source a spares kit from ebay but soon discovered
that I would need to access the other side of the oven chamber to fit
the retaining clip for the stud.

I removed the oven from its tower unit thinking that the side panels
would detach easily, giving access needed to fit the stud retaining clip
but I was horrified to discover that the side panels seem to be fitted
first and the top, bottom and rear panels all wrap round side panels. I
hastily refitted all the screws I removed and put the in back in its
tower unit for now.

I'm thinking that the oven needs to be placed on its front to strip it
down properly. Can anyone confirm this or offer any advice?

Cheers,

--
Paul Giverin

My Photos:- www.giverin.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul Giverin wrote:
[...]

I can certainly confirm that most ovens and other domestic goods derive
most of their rigidity from the side and top/bottom panels and can
virtually collapse when trying to access the internals.
When reassembling do not tighten any screws until the structure is
checked for square and rotating parts are free as neccessary.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2014 20:21, Bob Minchin wrote:
Paul Giverin wrote:
[...]

Can't help specifically, but worth searching youtube for the model as
there are *lots* of helpful videos there, as I found when I couldn't
figure out how to remove an oven door.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
newshound writes
Paul Giverin wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Youtube was my first port of call because as you say, there is a
myriad of helpful guides on just about anything.... but not of these
oven shelf supports. I'll probably tackle the job again at the weekend,
removing the oven doors and placing the oven on its front which should
hopefully enable me to strip it enough to get the side panels off.

--
Paul Giverin

My Photos:- www.giverin.co.uk