Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neff Algor oven.

Arrrrgh!!

No instruction manual for the oven in our new residence.

Get onto the Neff website, it requests a E-Nr Number and an FD Number,
which is found on the plate just inside the oven door.

Torch & magnifying glass in hand, I note every single number on said plate.

None of them work, no such numbers are recognised.

I try to contact Neff by e-mail, but guess what? The E-Nr Number and
the FD Number are required fields and the form won't send unless you
fill them in.

I phone them & after three attempts I get through. The nice chap at
Neff claims that all oven E-NR numbers begin with 'B'. Mine begins with
'A'.

He denies that Neff ever made an oven called an Algor.

I tell him I'm looking at several web sites selling spare parts for Neff
Algor ovens. He is unmoved.

Arrrrgh!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, September 21, 2012 6:51:04 PM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

welcome to computer hell, programmed by naff algae

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Will this help? Download oven tips and function guide:-

http://www.neff.co.uk/getting-started.aspx

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Algor oven. The Thick Plottens....

[...]

Phone call from a very helpful lady at Neff.

It seems that the Algor isn't a Neff after all, but an exact copy made
in Italy. Exactly the same shade of green, exactly the same lettering,
almost exactly the same brass control knobs - unless you look really
carefully...

Still not impressed with their web site :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Searching the interweb eventually reveals that Algor is a trade name
used by Whirlpool!

I've managed to fund a manual!

Wahooo!!!!

SWMBO will be pleased and I will get fed!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote in
:

He denies that Neff ever made an oven called an Algor.

I tell him I'm looking at several web sites selling spare parts for
Neff Algor ovens. He is unmoved.

Arrrrgh!!

Phone call from a very helpful lady at Neff.

It seems that the Algor isn't a Neff after all, but an exact copy made
in Italy. Exactly the same shade of green, exactly the same
lettering, almost exactly the same brass control knobs - unless you
look really carefully...

I suppose that's the closest I'll get to a public apology :-/

--
Mr Neff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Neff wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote in
:

He denies that Neff ever made an oven called an Algor.

I tell him I'm looking at several web sites selling spare parts for
Neff Algor ovens. He is unmoved.

Arrrrgh!!

Phone call from a very helpful lady at Neff.

It seems that the Algor isn't a Neff after all, but an exact copy made
in Italy. Exactly the same shade of green, exactly the same
lettering, almost exactly the same brass control knobs - unless you
look really carefully...

I suppose that's the closest I'll get to a public apology :-/

Neff off.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/2012 20:07, Mr Neff wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote in
:

He denies that Neff ever made an oven called an Algor.

I tell him I'm looking at several web sites selling spare parts for
Neff Algor ovens. He is unmoved.

Arrrrgh!!

Phone call from a very helpful lady at Neff.

It seems that the Algor isn't a Neff after all, but an exact copy made
in Italy. Exactly the same shade of green, exactly the same
lettering, almost exactly the same brass control knobs - unless you
look really carefully...

I suppose that's the closest I'll get to a public apology :-/

I was talking about Mrs Neff, not you...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote in news:t237s.264041
:

On 21/09/2012 20:07, Mr Neff wrote:

I suppose that's the closest I'll get to a public apology :-/

I was talking about Mrs Neff, not you...

We're a close bunch, attack 1, attack all! You're lucky we're out of
grenades . . .

--
Mr Neff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So why did you think it was Neff.

Must go and get some spares from Hoover for my Dyson!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:07:03 +0000 (UTC), Mr Neff
wrote:

I suppose that's the closest I'll get to a public apology :-/

You're lucky Al Gore didn't get all technical on your donkey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/09/2012 21:02, DerbyBorn wrote:
So why did you think it was Neff.

Must go and get some spares from Hoover for my Dyson!!!

Because the hob is Neff and the oven looks exactly the same. Same
colour, same control knobs, same font on the labels.

I assumed it was a Neff 'Algor', like a Ford 'Fiesta'. Turns out Algor
is a make not a model name.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unfortunately the employees believe what the computer tells them also. I've
had this with vacuum cleaners, drills washing machines, indeed almost
everything you call about to any company. It seems that the man who does
know the history is probably now no longer employed and the one who did the
computer database never knew the things actually existed. Meanwhile in a
store somewhere they are clearing ot racks of spares nobody ever asks
for......

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It was probably originally the same company, but was not included in a sale
of the company to some middle eastern outfit who then sold it back to the
French..... etc.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:50:27 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Searching the interweb eventually reveals that Algor is a trade name
used by Whirlpool!

I've managed to fund a manual!

Wahooo!!!!

SWMBO will be pleased and I will get fed!

This oven is so complicated that it can't be used without an expensive
the manual? OK timer settings might be a bit tricky, sometimes, but basic
"set to 200C/Gas Mark 6" is normally pretty simple. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/09/2012 21:43, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:50:27 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Searching the interweb eventually reveals that Algor is a trade name
used by Whirlpool!

I've managed to fund a manual!

Wahooo!!!!

SWMBO will be pleased and I will get fed!

This oven is so complicated that it can't be used without an expensive
the manual? OK timer settings might be a bit tricky, sometimes, but basic
"set to 200C/Gas Mark 6" is normally pretty simple. B-)

If the timer isn't set correctly the oven won't go on and it also has a
'fan' and a 'defrost' setting - the symbols aren't that clear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 22/09/2012 21:43, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:50:27 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Searching the interweb eventually reveals that Algor is a trade name
used by Whirlpool!

I've managed to fund a manual!

Wahooo!!!!

SWMBO will be pleased and I will get fed!

This oven is so complicated that it can't be used without an expensive
the manual? OK timer settings might be a bit tricky, sometimes, but basic
"set to 200C/Gas Mark 6" is normally pretty simple. B-)

If the timer isn't set correctly the oven won't go on and it also has a
'fan' and a 'defrost' setting - the symbols aren't that clear.

Going OT, my Nkion D200 has about 6 controls that affect the autofocus,
and something like 200 settings. My old lenses you just turn a ring on.

Progress?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 23, 12:45*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

For the masses, yes.

They don't have to understand any technology. They don't have to
understand the whole physics of photography, light, lens dynamics,
shutters, aperture and so on. It is interesting that my 65yr old wife
who is non-scientific and not really a photographer, went off on a
half day course around Edinburgh and, from her childhood upbringing on
'real' cameras, knew far more about how to take a photo than most of
the rest of the group.

Rob