Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:04:04 +0100, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my
surname here wrote:

On 12/08/2014 16:46, whisky-dave wrote:
..
I heard that in certain areas sich as docks german spies had submitted moire detailed maps to the Gernams than the OS maps did to our maps.

In which war? SFAIK, German documents confirm that in WW2 we intercepted
and either executed or turned every spy the Germans sent against us.

Pre-war spying was rife on all sides, of course. I don't suppose we
caught many of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:42:16 +0100, The Other Mike
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:52:12 +0100, Terry Casey wrote:

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Apparently genuine logarithm tables used to contain deliberate errors,
to trap forgers; and OS maps include things which are not there.

The Landranger map of the Isle of Wight contains a number of names (of the
cartographers, presumably) embedded in the cliffs on the SE coast of the
island ...

(I can't access the map on-line at the moment, so can't provided a link to
the precise area.)

Ah, back in business, so here we go:

http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=447...7280&A=Y&Z=120

Just right of 'Whale Chine' you'll find MIKE and just above 'Blackgang'
you'll find BILL!

I think there are a few more if you look for them.

http://streetmap.co.uk/idmap.srf?x=4...p=ids.srf&lm=0

Trevor and Robin plus someone else to the left of Robin

The strategically positioned contour line between the L and I might amuse some

http://streetmap.co.uk/idmap.srf?x=3...p=ids.srf&lm=0

Bel at Foreland and Liz at Long Ledge.
Probably a pair of rock fans.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 07:09:24 -0700 (PDT), mike
wrote:

"If an electrician were to follow the so called 'regulations' given in this fake book, it could lead to electrocution, fire and/or possibly spumones untimely death."

Spumones?

Greek electrician - terrible worker.