Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Taiwan explosions - was this a cyber attack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ka...gas_explosions

Propene from petro-chemical plants was introduced to sewers, by over-pressurising pipes, cause unknown, causing them to leak, and then detonate as huge bombs, destroying an entire city. China is the most likely suspect, they have a history of cyber-warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwa...ublic_of_China

and the US pioneered it in 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jaffna Dog wrote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ka...gas_explosions

Propene from petro-chemical plants was introduced
to sewers, by over-pressurising pipes, cause unknown,
causing them to leak, and then detonate as huge bombs,

Yes.

destroying an entire city.

Nope.

China is the most likely suspect,

Only for those into mindless conspiracy theorys.

Its MUCH more likely to just be another Bhopal type incident.

they have a history of cyber-warfare.

But have never destroyed anything that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwa...ublic_of_China

and the US pioneered it in 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jaffna Dog" wrote in message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ka...gas_explosions

Propene from petro-chemical plants was introduced to sewers, by
over-pressurising pipes, cause unknown, causing them to leak, and then
detonate as huge bombs, destroying an entire city. China is the most likely
suspect, they have a history of cyber-warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwa...ublic_of_China

and the US pioneered it in 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage

Similar incidents have occurred in the UK, usually due to sewer gas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Jaffna Dog" wrote in message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ka...gas_explosions

Propene from petro-chemical plants was introduced to sewers, by
over-pressurising pipes, cause unknown, causing them to leak, and then
detonate as huge bombs, destroying an entire city. China is the most
likely suspect, they have a history of cyber-warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwa...ublic_of_China

and the US pioneered it in 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage

Similar incidents have occurred in the UK, usually due to sewer gas.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ewage-gas.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes if you are using cyber methods, you are after stealthily getting access
to information. I'd not call blowing things up very stealthy.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jaffna Dog wrote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ka...gas_explosions

Propene from petro-chemical plants was introduced
to sewers, by over-pressurising pipes, cause unknown,
causing them to leak, and then detonate as huge bombs,

Yes.

destroying an entire city.

Nope.

China is the most likely suspect,

Only for those into mindless conspiracy theorys.

Its MUCH more likely to just be another Bhopal type incident.

they have a history of cyber-warfare.

But have never destroyed anything that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwa...ublic_of_China

and the US pioneered it in 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 08:59:56 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes if you are using cyber methods, you are after stealthily getting
access to information.

Or breaking centrifuges...

I'd not call blowing things up very stealthy.

China doesn't "get on with" Taiwan but I don't think China are into
blowing things up, they are much more into information and access to
it, possibly through back doors. Why do you think we have people
checking through the firmware of at least Huawei core telecom
infrastructure equipment? Mind you they may doors installed by the
NSA...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Yes if you are using cyber methods, you are after stealthily getting
access to information.

That isnt the only form of cyber attack.

I'd not call blowing things up very stealthy.

Yeah, it was a tad obvious what had happened.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jaffna Dog wrote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Ka...gas_explosions

Propene from petro-chemical plants was introduced
to sewers, by over-pressurising pipes, cause unknown,
causing them to leak, and then detonate as huge bombs,

Yes.

destroying an entire city.

Nope.

China is the most likely suspect,

Only for those into mindless conspiracy theorys.

Its MUCH more likely to just be another Bhopal type incident.

they have a history of cyber-warfare.

But have never destroyed anything that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwa...ublic_of_China

and the US pioneered it in 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_pipeline_sabotage

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 08:58:21 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Sound more like it was self inflicted to me, what is the Chinese for cock
up?

Brian

With Noodles and sauce No 55.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Sound more like it was self inflicted to me, what is the Chinese for cock
up?

Brian

With Noodles and sauce No 55.

G.Harman/q

Reminds me of my old local chinky, no 179 Roast Dick with Pineapple, I kid you not.

Jim K