Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why are cars getting wider

On Friday, 21 October 2016 13:31:42 UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 21 October 2016 13:15:21 UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries? Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they
might be somewhat surprised.

Surely the EU would have some sort of standard to follow so everyone has the same so that cars can be shipped to anywhere in the EU and no road will be too narrow no car to wide to go into any garage etc...

You'd have thought so, but look how long it took them to sort out
bananas :-)

Yeah that's true they are still bloody bent though.

Maybe one day in the distant future they'll get to sorting out garages.

That will cost a fortune they;d need to employ a couple of hundred staff then it'll take 7 years for every country to agree whether they can park in forwards or revease in and then whether it;s on the left or right side.

Brian Gaff wrote:
Round here the problem is now so bad that garages built only around ten
years ago are too small to allow the ocupants out when in the garage!
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Well, they have the money, and the staff. Not sure about the time.

Brian Gaff wrote:
Round here the problem is now so bad that garages built only around ten
years ago are too small to allow the ocupants out when in the garage!
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries? Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they
might be somewhat surprised.

You're almost certainly right, due to the high land prices. But it's no
different in other countries where building land is expensive and limited.

--
*What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries? Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they
might be somewhat surprised.

You're almost certainly right, due to the high land prices. But it's no
different in other countries where building land is expensive and limited.

I've heard it said that our houses are small, and it can feel like that
sometimes; but other than that, I don't know.

Brian Gaff wrote:
Round here the problem is now so bad that garages built only around ten
years ago are too small to allow the ocupants out when in the garage!
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 October 2016 14:57:55 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries? Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they
might be somewhat surprised.

You're almost certainly right, due to the high land prices. But it's no
different in other countries where building land is expensive and limited..

Then why don't the EU sort it out, why insist on moving refugees/asylum sekers and economic migrants to countries like poland and romania as they have space because we have imported a significant number of health workers so I assume before they left they were living in some form of accometation which is now empty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 21 October 2016 13:15:21 UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries? Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are,
they might be somewhat surprised.

Surely the EU would have some sort of standard to follow so everyone has
the same so that cars can be shipped to anywhere in the EU and no road
will be too narrow no car to wide to go into any garage etc...

they might well have a standard, but it won't be retrospective.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2016 17:38, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 21 October 2016 13:15:21 UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries? Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are,
they might be somewhat surprised.

Surely the EU would have some sort of standard to follow so everyone has
the same so that cars can be shipped to anywhere in the EU and no road
will be too narrow no car to wide to go into any garage etc...

they might well have a standard, but it won't be retrospective.

I dunno - a big pair of rollers sited on major roads would be an option :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?
--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

I think she's in the Sahdow Cabinet

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 October 2016 19:09:04 UTC+1, Zephirum wrote:
An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

She's been on Have I Got News for You quite a lot.

I expect she'll be on Bake Off Extra Slice sometime soon.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Zephirum" wrote in message
On 21 Oct 2016 05:09, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/10/16 18:44, dave wrote:
replying to newshound, dave wrote:
There are some very small cars e.g. the Volkswagen UP that can still
satisfy
safety requirements so this can't be the reason for wider cars.

I think its something to do with the average driver getting wider.

There are certainly some extreme examples waddling the streets of many
"civilised" countries.

On the other hand, by far the widest person I know personally,
as opposed to those I have seen in docos etc, fitted fine in a
Suzuki. I had to see it to believe it, but he did fit fine.
https://a2ua.com/suzuki/suzuki-023.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Oct 2016 19:11, Charles wrote:
In article ,
Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

I think she's in the Sahdow Cabinet

Ah yes that may explain it, politics are largely unknown to me.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

I think she's in the Sahdow Cabinet

Yes she is, very recently. Since many of the PLP quit, she got picked by
uncle Corbyn as a lesser of many evils.
Laughable. I believe she fits batteries into loudhailers as her main forte.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 21/10/16 09:05, DerbyBorn wrote:

Two door cars are the worse as the door are so much longer.

It's a pity that with modern car bodystyles, that it's hard to make ones
with sliding doors.

But I wonder if it's actually impossible?

Corse not, there are a few around.

Would have to be a 2 door car or just the rear doors I expect.

Not clear how well it would do in the side collision tests. Rather poorly
IMO.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
But they could save space in other areas. A Santa Fe I hired last summer
had an auto gearbox (electronic) and an electronic parking brake.

There's actually not much difference in size between a manual and auto
box.
Not sure about a parking brake.

You can get electric ones that take 1"ish.

I like the astra as its quite wide inside.
I just don't fit in 306s as my shoulders are too wide.

There are a lot of continental cars I can't drive as its impossible for me
to adjust the seat so I can reach the pedals and steering without having
my head on the roof lining even though I am average height and weight.

I just don’t believe that, you can't actually be average height and weight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
news
On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:15:50 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

Two door cars are the worse as the door are so much longer.

It's a pity that with modern car bodystyles, that it's hard to make ones
with sliding doors.

But I wonder if it's actually impossible? Would have to be a 2 door car
or just the rear doors I expect.

I came across this list recently while looking out of curiosity.
https://www.carwow.co.uk/best/cars-with-sliding-doors

None of those have sliding front doors.

We have a MINI as well and it is awkward sometimes to open the door
enough, fortunately mother let me have her Aygo when she decided she
go too old to drive as she didn't see any point in the "chauffeur "
coming to her in one car and changing to another.
It's the four door version and access is far better and for older
people a more suitable seat height .
So we use the Aygo for local shopping trips where parking spaces may
be at a premium and keep the MINI for the longer fast runs.
That let me drop the annual mileage on the MINI as well so got an
Insurance saving overall . That in itself was not a game changer but
by using a cheap granny mobile to do shopping we are not wearing the
expensive V rated tyres on the MINI and lessens the risk of wheel
damage on potholes etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dan S. MacAbre wrote

Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries?

Yes it is. I've never seen a garage that has any problem with getting
out of the car with the car in the garage except when there is lots of
**** on the wall in the garage, and I'm in lots for garage sales.

Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they might be
somewhat surprised.

Yeah, bet they would be. Not that they are likely to redesign
their cars, much more likely to make screwing gestures beside
their heads at how stupid you lot are about what houses you buy.

Brian Gaff wrote:
Round here the problem is now so bad that garages built only around ten
years ago are too small to allow the ocupants out when in the garage!
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/16 01:31, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

why are you here then?

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/16 01:43, bm wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

I think she's in the Sahdow Cabinet

Yes she is, very recently. Since many of the PLP quit, she got picked by
uncle Corbyn as a lesser of many evils.
Laughable. I believe she fits batteries into loudhailers as her main forte.

Is that a Euphemism?

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
Dan S. MacAbre wrote

Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries?

Yes it is. I've never seen a garage that has any problem with getting
out of the car with the car in the garage except when there is lots of
**** on the wall in the garage, and I'm in lots for garage sales.

Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they might be
somewhat surprised.

Yeah, bet they would be. Not that they are likely to redesign
their cars, much more likely to make screwing gestures beside
their heads at how stupid you lot are about what houses you buy.

Only those of us that don't have loads of money. The ones /with/ loads
of money are probably making similar gestures.

People in the UK have decided that cars are now a more affordable status
symbol than houses, so the situation is unlikely to improve.

Brian Gaff wrote:
Round here the problem is now so bad that garages built only around ten
years ago are too small to allow the ocupants out when in the garage!
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct 2016 10:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 01:31, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

why are you here then?

This is Usenet not a blog.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/16 15:44, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 10:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 01:31, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

why are you here then?

This is Usenet not a blog.

arguably part of the blogosphere/social media tho.

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct 2016 15:56, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 15:44, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 10:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 01:31, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

why are you here then?

This is Usenet not a blog.

arguably part of the blogosphere/social media tho.

Anything is arguable but Usenet and my use of it precedes the creation
of blogs by many years, or at least the word; I quote the OED "Shortened
form of weblog. The Oxford English Dictionary says the shortened word
was coined May 23, 1999 and references the "Jargon Watch" article in an
issue of the online magazine "Tasty Bits from the Technology Front"
which attributes the shortening to Peter Merholz who put the following
on his web site:

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 07:00, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 06:02, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The Abottopotamous springs to mind...

Not sure who that is sorry.

https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-p...ianeabbott.jpg

An overweight lady called, I assume, Diane Abbott but still not sure why
her, she is not even particularly large? Is she a "celebrity"?

I think she's in the Sahdow Cabinet

Ah yes that may explain it, politics are largely unknown to me.

She is a typical hypocrite socialist politician who wants to send all children to comprehensive schools but sends her own to an expensive private school.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/16 16:49, Zephirum wrote:
[...]

The blogosphere is made up of all blogs and their interconnections. The
term implies that blogs exist together as a connected community (or as a
collection of connected communities) or as a *social networking service
in which everyday authors can publish their opinions*.

I.e. Use of blogosphere to denbote usenet is perfectly acceptable on
common practice, and the fact that the term, post dates Usenet does not
invalidate its use, any more than calling Morse Code a communacation
protocol is invalid.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct 2016 17:00, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

I now see what Pamela meant above, goodbye. It seems pointless to engage
in a discussion with somebody as perfect and infallible as you. Although
someone who was infallible would know how to spell communication even if
they fail to grasp the two way concept it involves

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/16 18:17, Zephirum wrote:
[...]

Good riddance.

Look I wouldn't have USED the term if it didn't apply. Why would I?

If you didn't know how its normally used, well you do now. And I didn't
even charge you.

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dan S. MacAbre wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dan S. MacAbre wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Round here the problem is now so bad that garages built only around ten
years ago are too small to allow the ocupants out when in the garage!

Is it possible that our houses are smaller than those in most other
countries?

Yes it is. I've never seen a garage that has any problem with getting
out of the car with the car in the garage except when there is lots of
**** on the wall in the garage, and I'm in lots for garage sales.

Perhaps if the designers saw how small our garages are, they might be
somewhat surprised.

Yeah, bet they would be. Not that they are likely to redesign
their cars, much more likely to make screwing gestures beside
their heads at how stupid you lot are about what houses you buy.

Only those of us that don't have loads of money.

Don't need loads of money to have a garage a few feet wider.

And most of ours are double car wide garages too.

The ones /with/ loads of money are probably making similar gestures.

See above.

People in the UK have decided that cars are now a more affordable status
symbol than houses,

Nothing to do with status symbols.

so the situation is unlikely to improve.

It might if you lot get a clue and notice that making the garage
a few feet wider has **** all effect on the cost of the house and
even get even more of a clue and notice how many houses have
more than one car and have done for a long time now and that it
makes sense to have a garage that can take two cars side by side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Perhaps the price of land in the UK is unusually high then. It's
obviously nothing to do with the price of a few more bricks. More to do
with how many houses you can squeeze into an estate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

No it isnt. It is just as high in Sydney.

It's obviously nothing to do with the price of a few more bricks.

Yes, but you don't actually need more land to have a garage that is
wide enough to open your car door when you have driven into it.

More to do with how many houses you can squeeze into an estate.

How wide are the house blocks ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Actually, I've no idea if there is a constant land value in the UK. I
doubt it though. I'd guess there is actually no such thing, and that it
depends upon demand.

It's obviously nothing to do with the price of a few more bricks.

Yes, but you don't actually need more land to have a garage that is
wide enough to open your car door when you have driven into it.

More to do with how many houses you can squeeze into an estate.

How wide are the house blocks ?

Well, they'll vary, but they generally tend to have more room front and
back, than side by side. Where we are there is only room for a path
around to the back, then you have the house next door. The only ones
that are different are the ones that have no garage at all, and they
leave space to park a car in the open. And yet there are good sized
gardens. I'd gladly give up loads of the front and back garden for more
garage space, but they never seem to do that. Maybe it's to do with
distribution of utilities?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct 2016 19:54, Pamela wrote:

He said "This is Usenet not a blog" but then you wanted a childish
argument with him to make yourself look clever.

It seems he does not grasp the significance of the goodbye either, it
was meant to indicate that he is now killfiled. I will now only see his
utterances when they are re-posted. Each post he makes actually has the
effect of showing just how clever he isn't.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Dan S. MacAbre wrote

It might if you lot get a clue and notice that making the garage
a few feet wider has **** all effect on the cost of the house and
even get even more of a clue and notice how many houses have
more than one car and have done for a long time now and that it
makes sense to have a garage that can take two cars side by side.

Perhaps the price of land in the UK is unusually high then. It's
obviously nothing to do with the price of a few more bricks. More to do
with how many houses you can squeeze into an estate.

Remember it's Wodney your talking to. A few more branches for the roof of
his tin shack in the outback is neither here nor there.

Poor love has no conception of land prices.

--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/16 00:08, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 19:54, Pamela wrote:

He said "This is Usenet not a blog" but then you wanted a childish
argument with him to make yourself look clever.

It seems he does not grasp the significance of the goodbye either, it
was meant to indicate that he is now killfiled. I will now only see his
utterances when they are re-posted. Each post he makes actually has the
effect of showing just how clever he isn't.

He saidd 'this is Usenet, not a blog' to which I replied that Usenet was
indeed part of the blogosphere whether he understood the term or not.

all women"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 09:12 23 Oct 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 23/10/16 00:08, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 19:54, Pamela wrote:

He said "This is Usenet not a blog" but then you wanted a
childish argument with him to make yourself look clever.

It seems he does not grasp the significance of the goodbye
either, it was meant to indicate that he is now killfiled. I
will now only see his utterances when they are re-posted. Each
post he makes actually has the effect of showing just how
clever he isn't.

He saidd 'this is Usenet, not a blog' to which I replied that
Usenet was indeed part of the blogosphere whether he understood
the term or not.

Turnip, that's a good example of your petulance.

Why couldn't you simply accept the truth and relevance of what
Zephirum said and leave it at that?

Instead you post some smart-arsed last-word comeback of no relevance
to the discussion but whose sole purpose, rather unsuccessfully, is
to make you look smart.

Corse you arent doing anything like that yourself, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 22 October 2016 16:49:53 UTC+1, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 15:56, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 15:44, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 10:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 01:31, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

why are you here then?

This is Usenet not a blog.

arguably part of the blogosphere/social media tho.

Anything is arguable

No it's not :-D
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2016 10:18, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 22 October 2016 16:49:53 UTC+1, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 15:56, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 15:44, Zephirum wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 10:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/10/16 01:31, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 20:16, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/10/16 19:09, Zephirum wrote:
On 21 Oct 2016 08:38, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Depends on which blogosphere you inhabit.

None

why are you here then?

This is Usenet not a blog.

arguably part of the blogosphere/social media tho.

Anything is arguable

No it's not :-D

Oh yes it is. :-)

Mike