Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom fan with light?

Would I be right in thinking that the 110 mm fans with integral lights
are only really suitable for lighting showers? Son's new (80's) flat has
dead fan (over the sink) and nasty pendant light in (very small)
bathroom. Looking for easiest fix without having to disturb too much
plasterboard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Jun 2014, newshound grunted:

Would I be right in thinking that the 110 mm fans with integral lights
are only really suitable for lighting showers?

I'd say so; mainly because they are by definition used with downlighter
lamps, and essentially will only illuminate a pool of light directly below
them.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2014 23:26, Lobster wrote:
On 17 Jun 2014, newshound grunted:

Would I be right in thinking that the 110 mm fans with integral lights
are only really suitable for lighting showers?

I'd say so; mainly because they are by definition used with downlighter
lamps, and essentially will only illuminate a pool of light directly below
them.

Thanks. Since posting that I found one with a 150 mm curved glass
diffuser plate about 30 mm below the LED cluster light, shown used as a
wall-light. But I think we'll go with separate units: more flexibility.

RCD on bathroom light? Nospam UK diy 9 July 23rd 12 02:23 PM
Non-bathroom light in bathroom Martin Pentreath UK diy 6 August 10th 07 11:34 AM
can I fit a light in the bathroom? Vass UK diy 8 April 26th 07 08:46 PM
Wiring a new bathroom light Ian UK diy 33 July 23rd 05 07:49 PM
Thanks for help - re bathroom light wiring Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 9 September 14th 04 11:10 AM