SkintRich

Default cracked WC cistern

does anyone know how to repair a cracked WC cistern if it is possible?
Alex

Cisterns are really not that expensive to replace, But you could try sealing
the crack with some type of silicone sealent on the inside, you would need
to remove cistern and clean and dry it effectivley first.

BillR

Alex wrote:
Cisterns are really not that expensive to replace, But you could try
sealing the crack with some type of silicone sealent on the inside,
you would need to remove cistern and clean and dry it effectivley
first.

They are expensive if they are in some obsolete colour.
We had dark mink coloured suite (not our choice) and the cistern got broke
by an elderly relative. We claimed on the household insurance. The loss
adjuster said it would cost £750 to have one custom made.
I persuaded ins coy to give me the £750 with which I redid the whole
bathroom in white.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"BillR" writes:
Alex wrote:
Cisterns are really not that expensive to replace, But you could try
sealing the crack with some type of silicone sealent on the inside,
you would need to remove cistern and clean and dry it effectivley
first.

They are expensive if they are in some obsolete colour.
We had dark mink coloured suite (not our choice) and the cistern got broke
by an elderly relative. We claimed on the household insurance. The loss
adjuster said it would cost £750 to have one custom made.
I persuaded ins coy to give me the £750 with which I redid the whole
bathroom in white.

I read an article in a local paper about some bloke near Luton
who has collected a large number of old loos, washbasins, etc
and cleaned them up and resells them. His market is mainly
insurance companies dealing with claims for broken parts from
20-year old suites.

--
Andrew Gabriel

toilet Cistern leak Douglas Sey UK diy 4 October 13th 03 11:17 PM
toilet cistern overflow Douglas Sey UK diy 5 October 10th 03 03:44 PM
Water cistern PoP UK diy 6 October 3rd 03 11:56 PM
cistern noises Mart.C. UK diy 5 September 2nd 03 12:10 AM