Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steam cleaners

Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

Very strongly advertised now, are they really good.

I was given one by my mum (not because she didn't use it, but because
she bought another one) it seems a lot of palaver, good for the overflow
cavity in basins but quite time consuming for anything other than a
small area, I've not use it a second time ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Broadback wrote:

Very strongly advertised now, are they really good.

I was given one by my mum (not because she didn't use it, but because
she bought another one) it seems a lot of palaver, good for the overflow
cavity in basins but quite time consuming for anything other than a
small area, I've not use it a second time ...

Some are useful.
http://www.clemas.co.uk/category/use...team-cleaners/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

I have a floor cleaning version and it is no better than a mop& bucket
apart perhaps from stubborn kitchen greasy stuff where the heat can help.
However it puts more water on the floor as condensed steam than a dry
mop. Other than dirt that collects on the mop head cloth, it is really
only moving dirt around.
Some brand suggest adding detergent to the water tank but I can see how
that will work unless it very cleverly vapourises at the same temp as
the water. It will either boil off first or after all the water has gone.
My wife quite likes it as she has arthritic hands and cant wring out a
proper mop easily.
I only paid about £25 from Aldi - glad I did not buy a dearer one.

90% fashion 10% useful
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message ...

Broadback wrote:
[...]

Aldi sell brides now?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 May 2014 08:02:13 +0100, Broadback wrote:

Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

Blooming great for stripping wall paper. Don't use ours for anything
else.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 May 2014 10:01:05 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Broadback wrote:
Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

I have a floor cleaning version and it is no better than a mop& bucket
apart perhaps from stubborn kitchen greasy stuff where the heat can help.
However it puts more water on the floor as condensed steam than a dry
mop. Other than dirt that collects on the mop head cloth, it is really
only moving dirt around.

Was that a version that had a motorised brush as well?
we bought one a while back for where an elderly relative was leaking a
bit on his floors so used the steam as a sterilizer.
He is no longer with us. I tried the cleaner the other day and the
switch to the brush motor failed which gave me the reason to throw it
away without discussion from SWMBO who tends to hoard things.
For cleaning floors generally I found the same ,Mop and Bucket and a
little elbow grease is quicker,less messy and actually get a floor
clean rather than a deposit of steamed dirt just moved around.
And in our case in the cool months we already have cheapish hot water
as a by product from a back boiler . Pointless having that in the tank
and then using electric to heat some more.
G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
[...]

Nope - Otherwise I would have used the 3 year warranty when the
arthritis started!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2014 08:02, Broadback wrote:
Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

Defrosting freezers and freezer compartments is v quick. More effective
and not as hot as a hair dryer that melts most freezer internal plastics.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 24 May 2014 08:02:13 +0100, Broadback wrote:

Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

Blooming great for stripping wall paper. Don't use ours for anything
else.

Agreed 100%.

I tried mine to clean the oven, it was useless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2014 08:02, Broadback wrote:
Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

we have tiled floors throughout house ... wife finds them very good for
cleaning the floors.
Had a couple of cheapy units to try ... they were useless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2014 08:02, Broadback wrote:

Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not
be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested
in others experience of them.

Not as good as the hype but useful in certain circumstances.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Steam cleaners Broadback[_3_] UK diy 11 September 17th 13 09:35 AM
Steam Cleaners fred[_8_] UK diy 29 January 26th 13 09:19 AM
Steam cleaners Deadrat Home Ownership 0 March 2nd 06 06:24 PM
chem-dry vs. steam cleaners TLF Home Repair 5 July 17th 05 04:07 AM
Steam cleaners Dinah Home Repair 8 April 15th 04 02:18 AM