Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Avo 8 style test probes - can one buy them nowadays?

Can anyone suggest where to buy Avo 8 (or similar) style test probes?
I mean the sort of test probes which can be hooked onto terminals
and/or wires rather than having to be held there.

Super-safe insulation isn't vital as these will almost wholly be used
on 12 volt systems. Sound attachment is probably a bigger safety
factor than insulation given that the current available will pretty
instantly melt a clip that drops across the supply (200 Ah starter
battery and 3 x 120Ah leisure batteries).

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 07 May 2014 12:40:50 +0100, cl wrote:

Can anyone suggest where to buy Avo 8 (or similar) style test probes?
I mean the sort of test probes which can be hooked onto terminals and/or
wires rather than having to be held there.

Super-safe insulation isn't vital as these will almost wholly be used on
12 volt systems. Sound attachment is probably a bigger safety factor
than insulation given that the current available will pretty instantly
melt a clip that drops across the supply (200 Ah starter battery and 3 x
120Ah leisure batteries).

CPC have IN05825 and IN05826 for a start I have some nice probes I
thought I also bought from there, but can't see them right now. Ah...I
think I have the ones in IN00724.

Also CN00272 and CN00293.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Can anyone suggest where to buy Avo 8 (or similar) style test probes?
I mean the sort of test probes which can be hooked onto terminals
and/or wires rather than having to be held there.

Super-safe insulation isn't vital as these will almost wholly be used
on 12 volt systems. Sound attachment is probably a bigger safety
factor than insulation given that the current available will pretty
instantly melt a clip that drops across the supply (200 Ah starter
battery and 3 x 120Ah leisure batteries).

Have you looked on Ebay? Lots of different styles there.

--
*Succeed, in spite of management *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 07 May 2014 12:40:50 +0100, cl wrote:

Can anyone suggest where to buy Avo 8 (or similar) style test probes?
I mean the sort of test probes which can be hooked onto terminals and/or
wires rather than having to be held there.

Super-safe insulation isn't vital as these will almost wholly be used on
12 volt systems. Sound attachment is probably a bigger safety factor
than insulation given that the current available will pretty instantly
melt a clip that drops across the supply (200 Ah starter battery and 3 x
120Ah leisure batteries).

CPC have IN05825 and IN05826 for a start I have some nice probes I
thought I also bought from there, but can't see them right now. Ah...I
think I have the ones in IN00724.

Also CN00272 and CN00293.

Yes, IN00724 looks like just what I'm after, thank you.

--
Chris Green