Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Bath to Wall Fixings Nowadays

Looking below my bath it has two fixings .An angle bracket at the one end( the
sloping end) to the long wall and one at the other end near to the front panel
fixed to the short wall. Plus the adjustable feet fixed to the floor . The only
other place to fix it would be the other end of the side against the long
wall......What's the usual fixings suplied nowadays with baths ?

Stuart .
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy

"Stuart" wrote in message
Looking below my bath it has two fixings .An angle bracket at the one
end( the
sloping end) to the long wall and one at the other end near to the front
panel
fixed to the short wall. Plus the adjustable feet fixed to the floor . The
only
other place to fix it would be the other end of the side against the long
wall......What's the usual fixings suplied nowadays with baths ?

Stuart

The last couple of baths I installed had no wall fixings at all. I simply
screwed some decent battens to the 3 walls ensuring all were level and
essentially sat (siliconed) the bath on them with supplemtary support from
the feet. Worked well for me.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
G.W. Walker

In article ,
Stuart wrote:
Looking below my bath it has two fixings .An angle bracket at the one end( the
sloping end) to the long wall and one at the other end near to the front panel
fixed to the short wall. Plus the adjustable feet fixed to the floor . The only
other place to fix it would be the other end of the side against the long
wall......What's the usual fixings suplied nowadays with baths ?

The bath I've just bought from Homebase has 2 legs for the
corners, 3 sets of feet on steel supports to go under the bath,
and two angle-brackets to screw to the wall.

As suggested elsewhere, I'm going to put a batton across the
wall rather than rely on the angle-brackets.

G.