Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter

Default plumes from Vaillant 622/2E System boiler

Hello,

I am having a Vaillant 622/2E System boiler installed in my house
for central heating and hot water.

Because of the way our house sits on a hill any plume from the flue
outlet would be comming out just to the left and below the main
house door entrance and also quite near a hall window.
i.e. any plume would be very visible.

Can anyone tell me how much plume I should expect to see ?
In cold weather would I expect to see a plume all day, or
just when the boiler is starting in the morning ?
Would there be a plume in summer ?

I am asking as I have the option (for a bit more money) to run
the flue from the current planned outlet vertically up the outside
side of the house and through the soffit terminating above the roof.
I like this solution on terms of hiding the plumes
but my architect says the flue will look ugly on the side of the house.

I have checked with Vaillant and the wall solution would not exceed
any permissable lengths so there is no problem with doing this.
I just don't know if it's worth it or not ?

Also, anybody had any problems with either any of the following:-
Vaillant EcoMax 622/2E
Megaflo HE CL210 Indirect Cylinders

Many thanks for any feedback/help

Pete

Gas boiler service review/advice David Hearn UK diy 1 November 18th 03 04:21 PM
gas boiler thermocouple Stoney UK diy 56 October 20th 03 09:02 PM
Digital cylinder 'stat? Martin Angove UK diy 9 October 12th 03 08:32 PM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 7th 03 11:34 PM
Vaillant Combi Boiler Ed Sirett UK diy 5 July 31st 03 08:52 PM