Lobster

Default plumes from Vaillant 622/2E System boiler

(Peter) wrote in message . com...

Can anyone tell me how much plume I should expect to see ?
In cold weather would I expect to see a plume all day, or
just when the boiler is starting in the morning ?
Would there be a plume in summer ?

I am asking as I have the option (for a bit more money) to run
the flue from the current planned outlet vertically up the outside
side of the house and through the soffit terminating above the roof.
I like this solution on terms of hiding the plumes
but my architect says the flue will look ugly on the side of the house.

Yes the plume is visible the whole time the boiler's working, summer
and winter; obviously it comes and goes when the thermostat kicks in
and out. It tends to blow around a lot when it's windy. When we
first had ours put in it reminded us of the set of sci-fi movie like
Bladerunner or something. But you get used to it. Just think of the
money you're saving because it's cool (and therefore visible!) Only
you can decide whether it's more or less ugly than a flue attached to
the side of the house.

Also, anybody had any problems with either any of the following:-
Vaillant EcoMax 622/2E

We have an EcoMax 226/EH (don't know how close that is to yours) which
we like. Only problem in 2-3 years has been a failed combustion fan
(~100 quid) which somebody on this ng reckoned was a design flaw,
because the fans aren't designed for temperature extremes.

HTH
David