Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double glazed unit in wooden door

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 9:32:41 AM UTC+1, Trevor Smith wrote:
I have a LF&B door in my kitchen and I an going to open up the top section and fit a double glazed unit in there. What would be the best way of fitting the glass against the beads, silicone or putty or a rubber seal.

I would use silicone.

Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonathan wrote:

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 9:32:41 AM UTC+1, Trevor Smith wrote:
I have a LF&B door in my kitchen and I an going to open up the top section and fit a double glazed unit in there. What would be the best way of fitting the glass against the beads, silicone or putty or a rubber seal.

I would use silicone.

Don't forget that, for best resistance against movement when
slammed, the glass should be installed against the rebate from
the side towards which it opens, normally the inside.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.