Default how can I calculate the weight of double glazed unit?

I'm having some wooden doors made, and it's important that I keep the
overall weight to below 60kg (maximum load for the sliding track system
that will support the doors).

The doors open into the garden, and in order to comply with UK building
regs, I anticipate using a sealed, gas-filled unit with K glass, and a
24mm gap. The dimension of the unit will be approx 73 x 163 cm.

The wood weight I can work out, thanks to a bit of calculation and a
handy web site giving densities of different woods.

Is there a similar site that might help me with the glass unit?

Many thanks

Chris

--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On 25 Aug 2005 10:17:35 -0700, "
wrote:

I anticipate using a sealed, gas-filled unit

Fill 'em with helium and they won't weigh so much..
Ian Stirling

--s-p-o-n-i-x-- wrote:
On 25 Aug 2005 10:17:35 -0700, "
wrote:

I anticipate using a sealed, gas-filled unit

Fill 'em with helium and they won't weigh so much..

However, the thermal conductivity will go up lots, vastly worse than air.

Thanks for your help - I've now done the calculations. The only
question now is, which hard wood to use for a set of French Windows
(facing into sheltered garden, in London)

Kind regards,

Chris

Double glazing company left gaps Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt Home Repair 3 June 21st 05 02:45 AM
Steam cleaning double glazed units? Bren UK diy 1 May 15th 05 08:55 PM
Unable to open double fronted door sandiyan UK diy 5 August 8th 04 06:07 PM
load bearing double glazing TP UK diy 6 July 4th 04 12:00 PM
Trouble fixing handle/closing mechanism on double glazed window John Biddiscombe UK diy 0 September 1st 03 06:05 PM