Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rats in garden

On 09/04/2014 13:27, tony sayer wrote:
Many years ago my dad was a real gun enthusiast, well he was an
armourour on spitfires, and he had a legally held Anschutz .22
cartridge rife and that .. was a rat/bunny assassin weapon.

I see your Spitfire and raise you...

When my dad was trying to get a .22 licence (for rabbits) he had this
discussion. The police really weren't keen, even though it was only for
subsonic, low mass rounds.

Their last argument was "We have a policy of not allowing licences to
unskilled people"

To which my dad replied "As an ex-navy weapons instructor qualified up
to 3 inch guns I can only agree".

He got his licence.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Vir
Campestris scribeth thus
On 09/04/2014 13:27, tony sayer wrote:
Many years ago my dad was a real gun enthusiast, well he was an
armourour on spitfires, and he had a legally held Anschutz .22
cartridge rife and that .. was a rat/bunny assassin weapon.

I see your Spitfire and raise you...

When my dad was trying to get a .22 licence (for rabbits) he had this
discussion. The police really weren't keen, even though it was only for
subsonic, low mass rounds.

Their last argument was "We have a policy of not allowing licences to
unskilled people"

To which my dad replied "As an ex-navy weapons instructor qualified up
to 3 inch guns I can only agree".

He got his licence.

Andy

Nice one

When the old man died he left a cupboard stacked full and I mean full of
unused ordnance. ALL sizes of shotgun carts, rounds for Webley
revolvers, misc small shells, old railway detonators and some other
stuff which I think was rather dangerous. Phoned old bill asking them to
take it away they didn't what to know told me to take it home and
dispose of it myself! Missus would have gone mad if I kept that lot!.

At the funeral a long lost mate of his who he used to shoot with asked
if he still kept guns and I told him about the carts etc. He took the
whole lot away half filled a transit van!. Carts were fine he'd thought
his Christmases had all come early. I don't think yet he's used them all
and this was in 2003!.

Dad never had a problem getting cert's, I think his RAF service kept him
in good stead....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:11:43 +0100
tony sayer wrote:

In article , Vir
Campestris scribeth thus
[...]

Blaster Bates might have used him as a backup!

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:13:07 AM UTC+1, MM wrote:
There are three holes near the fence where I think the critters have
their burrows. What can I do?

Could you trap them live and sell them on gumtree as hamsters?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Apr 2014 12:15:58 GMT

On 2014-04-09, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 09/04/2014 13:27, tony sayer wrote:
Many years ago my dad was a real gun enthusiast, well he was an
armourour on spitfires, and he had a legally held Anschutz .22
cartridge rife and that .. was a rat/bunny assassin weapon.

I see your Spitfire and raise you...

When my dad was trying to get a .22 licence (for rabbits) he had
this discussion. The police really weren't keen, even though it
was only for subsonic, low mass rounds.

Their last argument was "We have a policy of not allowing licences
to unskilled people"

To which my dad replied "As an ex-navy weapons instructor qualified
up to 3 inch guns I can only agree".

He got his licence.

A friend got visited by a WPC about having their FAC renewed. My
friend, in silence, took the WPC out to the garage and showed her the
2 cannons that her Civil War re-enactment group uses. The WPC left
without further comment.

(Yes, I was surprised that cannons need a FAC, but my friend assures
me they do.)

I once worked for a company that owned lots of lorries, and they had a
brake-testing device that attached to the front bumper and fired a chalk
pellet at the ground when the brake pedal was pushed, to indicate the
starting point of the braking action. The company needed a certificate
for this piece of equipment. I think it used a .22 blank as its power
source.

--
Davey.

getting rid of rats Mr_Bill Home Repair 72 August 2nd 19 02:44 AM
Rats F.H. Home Repair 13 December 26th 06 03:05 AM
Rats! Paradox Home Repair 22 January 22nd 05 10:10 PM
Rats!!!!! art Home Ownership 8 September 3rd 04 06:42 PM
rats MB UK diy 0 April 5th 04 10:05 AM